Hi there ever since I moved on android I was wondering what is the major advance of the BlackBerry keyboard over google keyboard? It is noob I know but for me they have all the same features except the learning ability of BlackBerry keyboard. Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-16 06:04 AM
    One thing I know it doesn't have that the BlackBerry keyboard does is the ability to create auto-text shortcuts for words or phrases; anything you don't want to type all the way out. I am a transcriptionist and type all day long and have gotten so used to my shortcuts and auto-text entries in Word that even on my phone I look for quicker ways to type. Some keyboards will let you create auto-text entries, but you still have to type your shortcut and then choose the long text from suggestions. With the BlackBerry keyboard, you only have to hit the space bar, just like in Word.

Another thing I love about the BlackBerry keyboard is that I can long press a key for a capital. I have been using this keyboard so long it is just natural and it frustrates me on any other keyboard when I long press and only get other character options. And flicking the word suggestions versus choosing from suggestions at the top of the keyboard is so much more efficient in my opinion.

david7saad likes this.
    09-20-16 04:54 PM
    Well didn't know about the long press...very useful. Thanks

09-21-16 01:52 PM
    Also custom symbol layout is something that liked in latest blackberry keyboard update

I made a short video of it yesterday recorded on my screen using that feature , you can check it out

https://twitter.com/m_alooi/status/778757402317484032

dark0ne_ and Uzi like this.
    09-22-16 07:35 PM
    Also custom symbol layout is something that liked in latest blackberry keyboard update

I made a short video of it yesterday recorded on my screen using that feature , you can check it out

https://twitter.com/m_alooi/status/778757402317484032

Thank you so much for that.

Alooi Divona likes this.
    09-24-16 11:46 AM
    Let's not forget swiping down on the keyboard to get new keyboard options for symbols

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 09:14 PM
    Oh wow, I just finally figured out how to flick words on my passport keyboard. So good! BlackBerry is very Awesome.

Passport!
    10-02-16 10:10 PM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is the best in class. After more than a 3 years with my z10 a few weeks ago had to move to an android device and was frustrating, I tried flesky, swiftly, the android one,.. No way. Yesterday and thanks to Cobalt I installed the BlackBerry manager and the great BlackBerry keyboard and really is unique, like going back home.

Last edited by nevertoofar; 10-03-16 at 08:35 AM.
    vag65 likes this.
    10-03-16 08:13 AM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is the best in class. After more than a 3 years with my z10 a few weeks ago had to move to an android device and was frustrating, I tried flesky, swiftly, the android one,.. No way. Yesterday and thanks to Cobalt I installed the BlackBerry manager and the great BlackBerry keyboard and really is unique, like going back home.

True I am coming from BlackBerry Classic and it wasnt easy in the beginning with full touch device but I see now it is far beyond competition.

10-04-16 05:35 AM