Hey everyone,

New to Android... just got my DTEK50 and loving it.

Is there a way to connect multiple Google Photo accounts? Whether my wife or myself takes a picture, we want them all to be in sync. This way, if I take a pic or she takes a pic, we all have the same ones in Google Photos automatically.

Questions:

1) I've read that if I sign into my wife's Google Photos app with my login, that everything (mail, notifications, etc) gets synced as well. Is there way just for me to login and sync photos and nothing else?

2) Is a better solution for me to create a "family" google account and use that just for photos? The negative with this is that we each of our own laptops and plan to get the Google Drive desktop app for each one. There are files of hers I don't want on my laptop and vice versa; we just want our photos/videos to be in sync.

My wife is still rocking her Z30 so I'm unable to try out different options to see what works. If I have to go with Option 2, then I want to create that new email now and link it to my Photos, and not have to worry about transferring over pics later when my wife gets her DTEK60.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    12-05-16 10:08 AM
    If you open your google photos app and press the 3 horizontal lines on top left it will open the side bar setting. Your name/email address should be at the top with an arrow pointing up or down, touch this and the option will appear to add an account. Add it and all should be good to go.
    12-05-16 10:21 AM
    Yes, but my question is... If I add an account, how does that work? Do I add my wife's account to my phone and my account to hers? Also, by adding an account, is it app-specific to just the Photos, or does it sync everything (i.e., mail, contacts, etc.)?
    12-05-16 10:51 AM
    Your only adding another account to the photos in the app not to your phone. Neither of your contacts should sync. This I have done with my wife's photos
    12-05-16 11:47 AM
    Your only adding another account to the photos in the app not to your phone. Neither of your contacts should sync. This I have done with my wife's photos
    How does the sync feature work when you have two accounts in Google Photos? If I take a picture, does it get added to both accounts? Does the sync feature backup photos to both accounts, or just one?
    12-05-16 01:06 PM
    Settings-Accounts- Add wife's gmail. That is all. Under settings for that account you can check what you want syncd. If only photos then toggle photos on and nothing else will be syncd to your phone.

You don't need to add your account to her phone. Nothing of yours will be syncd to your phone.

If you want your stuff to turn up on her phone. Then you're going to have to add your account to her phone and toggle on only photos.
    12-10-16 01:28 PM
    Would creating a shared account be a better solution instead of adding our own individual accounts? I do want a section for my own personal pics, but most will be family pics that I want synced between both our phones and onto our laptops using Drive and Google photos.

How would that setup work?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 08:16 PM
    If that was the case I would scrap the idea of using Gmail to achieve this as it requires dealing with multiple accounts. I'd suggest instead creating a Microsoft Outlook account and using the Onedrive app to backup photos.
    12-11-16 08:08 AM
    If that was the case I would scrap the idea of using Gmail to achieve this as it requires dealing with multiple accounts. I'd suggest instead creating a Microsoft Outlook account and using the Onedrive app to backup photos.
    Either way, I'm still dealing with multiple accounts, no? Albeit Outlook or Gmail, it's still an extra account.
    12-11-16 09:26 AM
    Forget what I said about outlook. I assumed something else but I just tested it out and I was wrong about what I though. Back to the point, yes it would be better to create a third shared account. You get the same things with the added benefit of not having each others personal account syncd to your phones.
    12-11-16 04:06 PM