Hey everyone,

Does anyone have access to the latest Bell Fibe TV Android App apk? Since I'm on my company's BES, I can't upgrade SNAP (without significant difficulty) and get access to the updated app. The current version I have no longer works and says I need to update to continue using it. I've tried apkmirror (which folks have suggested is one of the safer sites, but it wasn't there).

If anyone can post a legit copy (not modified or from a questionable source), I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    12-01-16 04:28 PM
    Maybe your corporate IT policy blocks such app installs. I don't know.
    12-01-16 06:02 PM
    12-01-16 06:17 PM
    Thank you very much I just stumbled on that thread

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2049
    12-02-16 04:04 AM
    Thanks Conite. I can always rely on you. You seem to be able to answer anything.
    12-02-16 02:33 PM
    Maybe your corporate IT policy blocks such app installs. I don't know.
    If i have the APK, I can do it. Our IT policy doesn't allow me to sideload files, which is why I'm stuck on the old version of SNAP. Why I say it is a hard process to upgrade SNAP, is because it means I need to WIPE my device, removing myself from the BES, then I would like to restore all of my apps again and of course sideload SNAP, and then would need an activation code from the BES admin in order to get back onto the BES server. There are only so many times I can keep asking for an activation code.
    12-02-16 02:37 PM
    Thank you very much I just stumbled on that thread

Hey dalight13 ... did you get this to work?

I deleted the old app through the device monitor and then installed the patched version. The app loads fine, but when I try to watch it on the phone, I get an error message and it says to try again later. Wondering if it is an issue on Bell's side, or whether it is an app issue?

Let me know if you were successful.
    12-02-16 03:16 PM
    Hey dalight13 ... did you get this to work?

I deleted the old app through the device monitor and then installed the patched version. The app loads fine, but when I try to watch it on the phone, I get an error message and it says to try again later. Wondering if it is an issue on Bell's side, or whether it is an app issue?

Let me know if you were successful.
    BB10 doesn't not allow for DRM content, so that might be the reason.
    12-02-16 03:23 PM
    I tried to use it with location settings and it didn't work either.. but videos never worked for me on BB10.... at least I can set recordings on my PVR

12-02-16 03:26 PM
    If i have the APK, I can do it. Our IT policy doesn't allow me to sideload files, which is why I'm stuck on the old version of SNAP. Why I say it is a hard process to upgrade SNAP, is because it means I need to WIPE my device, removing myself from the BES, then I would like to restore all of my apps again and of course sideload SNAP, and then would need an activation code from the BES admin in order to get back onto the BES server. There are only so many times I can keep asking for an activation code.
    Hence the reason I said it might be an IT policy issue.
    12-02-16 03:28 PM
    Our IT policy hasn't changed and I was able to watch on the older Bell Fibe TV app (until it was updated). Unless they changed something in regards to DRM content, I'm not sure what is causing the issue.
    12-02-16 03:32 PM
    Well .. here is something interesting that can hopefully help troubleshoot the issue. For S&G, I decided to try the unpatched version that Conite uploaded. There are the annoying pop-ups that says you need to download Google Play Services and I just select "yes, download" and it disappears.

However, I am able to watch TV using the unpatched version. So does that mean there is an issue with the "patched" version?
    12-02-16 03:43 PM
    Well .. here is something interesting that can hopefully help troubleshoot the issue. For S&G, I decided to try the unpatched version that Conite uploaded. There are the annoying pop-ups that says you need to download Google Play Services and I just select "yes, download" and it disappears.

However, I am able to watch TV using the unpatched version. So does that mean there is an issue with the "patched" version?
    Patching CAN affect the functioning of an app, as the software may have some self - diagnostics to make sure it hasn't been tampered with. The only other thing to try is to whitelist the unpatched app and install the patched app again. If that doesn't work, you will have to stick with the unpatched version.
    12-02-16 03:49 PM
    Hmmm... i downloaded the original version through SNAP, so that would have been patched, right? Perhaps they added the self-diagnostic test that you referred to in this new version.

Excuse my ignorance, Conite, but I'm sure you know my next question. How do I whitelist the unpatched app? And then once I do that, I guess I just install the patched apk afterwards?

I'm more than happy to try whatever I can to make it work, but not sure how to execute your recommendation. Let me know. Thanks.
    12-02-16 03:59 PM
    Hmmm... i downloaded the original version through SNAP, so that would have been patched, right? Perhaps they added the self-diagnostic test that you referred to in this new version.

Excuse my ignorance, Conite, but I'm sure you know my next question. How do I whitelist the unpatched app? And then once I do that, I guess I just install the patched apk afterwards?

I'm more than happy to try whatever I can to make it work, but not sure how to execute your recommendation. Let me know. Thanks.
    SNAP doesn't patch anything. It's a separate procedure one performs on a PC.

One of Cobalt's file is called whitelist. You run it and add the signature of the unpatched app, so that when you install and run the patched version, it will report itself properly to the computer it's trying to connect to.
    12-02-16 04:04 PM
    Interesting. I guess I need to read up on this.
    12-02-16 05:42 PM