I know not one person on BBM. & have it disabled. Parts of it must be necessary to the rest of the OS since it cannot be deleted... space consumed for naught
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-30-16 02:34 AM
    I know not one person on BBM. & have it disabled. Parts of it must be necessary to the rest of the OS since it cannot be deleted... space consumed for naught
    Ask the people in Indonesia how good BBM is.
    YeemanBB likes this.
    11-30-16 05:34 AM
    Yes, good for draining my battery... actually very good...
    anon(679606) likes this.
    12-15-16 10:50 AM
    So... The point here is that each one of us on the forum is supposed to make a new thread for each preinstalled app we decide to disable? Should we also make them each time we uninstall something?
    Mr_Ground likes this.
    12-15-16 12:18 PM
    Ask the people in Indonesia how good BBM is.

You make an interesting point. On that subject I have a family member who produced a layout of photographs at the time of the occurrence of the tsunami damage in Banda Aceh and was able to submit this for publication directly to New York Times from that location via BBM. The BBM is not useless. That is not my point. BBM is needless for my personal use because I have no BBM contacts. Then therefore it would be useful to me, if the application were not necessary to the function of the rest of the operating system, to be able to actually remove the entirety of BBM. So that's the point of my inquiry. I do not claim BBM is useless to all.
    12-15-16 12:29 PM
    My wife and I use it daily. I'm using right now actually. I'm in Aruba and she is in the states. We have many other options, but it just works better for us. We've used it for years. We both are on Android now and still prefer it. Once in a while we'll use Telegram if I have no cell signal, but usually it is BBM. We also have Line, Kik, and Whatsapp. BBM is still our choice.
    12-15-16 12:54 PM
    Seems BBM overcomes bad connection regions... my situation is in mainland. D USA or Central EU where signal is strong ... BBM in developed areas is not for me...
    12-15-16 12:57 PM
    You make an interesting point. On that subject I have a family member who produced a layout of photographs at the time of the occurrence of the tsunami damage in Banda Aceh and was able to submit this for publication directly to New York Times from that location via BBM. The BBM is not useless. That is not my point. BBM is needless for my personal use because I have no BBM contacts. Then therefore it would be useful to me, if the application were not necessary to the function of the rest of the operating system, to be able to actually remove the entirety of BBM. So that's the point of my inquiry. I do not claim BBM is useless to all.
    You said it's useless to you because you have no contacts.

But you could.

All your friends and relatives COULD be on BBM. Android and iOS versions have been available for years now.

My wife and I use it daily. She's using a Samsung S3 because she was on a contract. She's been wanting the PRIV ever since she first saw it. Now that I have a Dtek60, she can't decide whether to stay with PRIV or get one of these.

But regardless, BBM is there. The closest second is Whatsapp.

I still chuckle reading how Android 's messenger will be including things that BBM had long ago. Lol. It still has more. Timed messages. Ability to recall. Encryption.

It can be useful to you, if you want it to be.
    misterabrasive and Mirko935 like this.
    01-01-17 11:43 AM
    01-02-17 09:51 AM
    Yes

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2813
    01-11-17 12:53 PM
    It's superior in my view but it is dead - at least in north America. Can't be useful if nobody uses it.

#whatisclassic
    01-11-17 03:44 PM
    You said it's useless to you because you have no contacts.

But you could.

All your friends and relatives COULD be on BBM. Android and iOS versions have been available for years now.

My wife and I use it daily. She's using a Samsung S3 because she was on a contract. She's been wanting the PRIV ever since she first saw it. Now that I have a Dtek60, she can't decide whether to stay with PRIV or get one of these.

But regardless, BBM is there. The closest second is Whatsapp.

I still chuckle reading how Android 's messenger will be including things that BBM had long ago. Lol. It still has more. Timed messages. Ability to recall. Encryption.

It can be useful to you, if you want it to be.
    When I told my friends about these features, timed messages and abilty to recall - they were confused as to why these are even useful.

Just look at whatsapp, fb mesenger, wechat, line and the features they offer - that's what people want.

BBM is superior in my view - but I admit nobody in the market values what it offers unfortunately.

#whatisclassic
    01-11-17 03:47 PM
    When I first got the passport I suggested BBM to some friends several of whom required hospitalization due to laugh induced anoxia... I refrain from suggesting it now with the priv...
    01-11-17 05:02 PM
    Any long term BB user who probably likes BBM. Most of my extended family and a few friends do but have been using BBs for over 10 years. Lots of others have moved on or weren't an early adopter.
    01-11-17 07:07 PM
    I still use BBM, but I have never liked the fact that you can't save / restore the chats.
    01-16-17 11:26 PM