I just finished setting up a DTEK50 for my dad and I currently have the Q10 until the Mercury comes out.

From what I've been reading on CB, I don't think I'll have a real need for BBM once I switch to BlackBerry Android. BBM was made for BBOS and BB10 - I feel it is a battery drainer, and just riddled with ads. My contact list is down to 5. I do enjoy using it with just those limited contacts, but only for 2 reasons: read/delivered status and the occasion Glympse. But I think I'm willing to sacrifice those two things for no ads and better battery.

I'll most likely just use texting, and then just download the Glympse app and use it directly should the need arise. Not really interested in Whatsapp. Does Whatsapp even have read/delivered status???

Anyone else feel the same way?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 03:53 PM
    BBM on Android still keeps me in touch with a number of my close friends.
    Between them, though, they got a few fancy features like video chat.
    We like it as a "hotline" between us.
    But you'll have to figure out what you and your Dad like best.
    01-18-17 04:03 PM
    The only other reason I used BBM is for voice chat. Sometimes my house doesn't get the greatest reception. It would be handy to have if I traveled more so I could call home for free, but I don't travel much. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 05:26 PM
    Never used it WhatsApp on Android, but it does have delivered/received/read confirmation. It also has voice chat.
    01-18-17 05:55 PM
    I just finished setting up a DTEK50 for my dad and I currently have the Q10 until the Mercury comes out.

From what I've been reading on CB, I don't think I'll have a real need for BBM once I switch to BlackBerry Android. BBM was made for BBOS and BB10 - I feel it is a battery drainer, and just riddled with ads. My contact list is down to 5. I do enjoy using it with just those limited contacts, but only for 2 reasons: read/delivered status and the occasion Glympse. But I think I'm willing to sacrifice those two things for no ads and better battery.

I'll most likely just use texting, and then just download the Glympse app and use it directly should the need arise. Not really interested in Whatsapp. Does Whatsapp even have read/delivered status???

Posted via CB10
    I would tell you go all in on BBM on Android except the ads and daily invites from Indonesians are annoying as hell. At least I don't have to deal with these daily annoyances on whatsapp. Even if they are constantly checking my contacts.
    01-18-17 06:07 PM
    I keep using it. The ads/invites are a mild annoyance, I still like channels and as others have said its like a hotline to your closest contacts.
    01-18-17 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    BBM on Android is sadly just ANOTHER instant messaging application lost in an over saturated group of them in Google Play. It doesn't feel nearly as integrated as it did on BB10 and certainly legacy. It was at its best on legacy devices. For what it's worth, WhatsApp works much better.
    01-19-17 12:24 PM
    Glympse does not work correctly on B for Android. The map will not self center... so one has to keep scrolling just to follow location.
    01-19-17 02:29 PM
    Glympse does not work correctly on B for Android. The map will not self center... so one has to keep scrolling just to follow location.
    Are you talking about Glympse within the BBM app on Android, or just the stand-alone Glympse app?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 06:18 PM
    BlackBerry should buy WhatsApp and incorporate into BBM. BBWhatsApp!
    01-19-17 09:21 PM
    Are you talking about Glympse within the BBM app on Android, or just the stand-alone Glympse app?

Posted via CB10
    Within BBM
    01-20-17 12:53 AM
    I use it with my wife, family and friends. I see no issues with it impacting battery. If I look at the battery monitor its not even nearly the top drainer of the battery.
    01-20-17 01:05 AM
    BlackBerry should buy WhatsApp and incorporate into BBM. BBWhatsApp!
    With what money?
    01-20-17 03:57 AM
    As soon as I got my BlackBerry PRIV I disabled BBM since I have zero friends using it. Unfortunately Whatsapp is one of my most used apps
    01-20-17 05:21 AM
    Never used it WhatsApp on Android, but it does have delivered/received/read confirmation. It also has voice chat.
    WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 is much better than WhatsApp on Android. It's really frustrating on Android.
    va3css likes this.
    01-20-17 07:04 AM
    I would tell you go all in on BBM on Android except the ads and daily invites from Indonesians are annoying as hell. At least I don't have to deal with these daily annoyances on whatsapp. Even if they are constantly checking my contacts.
    You will like the invitations to good massages and sexual services, new property development, personal loans and so on via WhatsApp.
    01-20-17 07:05 AM
    As soon as I got my BlackBerry PRIV I disabled BBM since I have zero friends using it. Unfortunately Whatsapp is one of my most used apps
    Depending on where you live.
    01-20-17 07:08 AM
    You will like the invitations to good massages and sexual services, new property development, personal loans and so on via WhatsApp.
    I've never received one such thing on Whatsapp. Happens all the time on BBM.

It is something johnny should be ashamed of... but isn't.
    01-20-17 11:05 AM