can anyone help me? I want to send pictures by whatsapp android running on bb10. How can I do this? Ian

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 02:12 PM
    Try installing WAA Fixer from BlackBerry Beta Zone.
    07-08-16 02:21 PM
    This is probably the only way.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 06:31 PM
    Won't let me join in the Beta forum. Says the registration you are trying to access is no longer available.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 06:48 PM
    Won't let me join in the Beta forum. Says the registration you are trying to access is no longer available.

Posted via CB10

Android Whatsapp help-restart.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 06:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Restart.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	403657

Posted via CB10
    Oops, Roger, I missed that line again! :-)

I've got it now, but the real problem is that I can't get the Android WA to run after verifying the phone number. It is forever looking for backups. I thought maybe the fixer would solve that problem, not to restore a backup, but just to let the program get set up. Apparently it's almost impossible to run the Android WA if you've ever had the OS10 version installed. If you have, you have to wipe the phone or reinstall the OS with an autoloader and never install the BlackBerry version of WA.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:13 PM
    I do have both WA Android and WA BlackBerry 10 versions installed, I've switched between them back and forth in the past 24h to test things out. By switching to one version, it will stop the other version from functioning but it seems you can switch whenever you want.

I suspect you have another issue, but honestly I don't use WA myself and don't care enough about WA to even want to investigate on your issue. As running WA Android on a BlackBerry 10 device isn't supported by WA, you won't get any official help either, so you'll have to try things out by yourself.

Good luck !

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:18 PM
    I do have both WA Android and WA BlackBerry 10 versions installed, I've switched between them back and forth in the past 24h to test things out. By switching to one version, it will stop the other version from functioning but it seems you can switch whenever you want.

I suspect you have another issue, but honestly I don't use WA myself and don't care enough about WA to even want to investigate on your issue. As running WA Android on a BlackBerry 10 device isn't supported by WA, you won't get any official help either, so you'll have to try things out by yourself.

Good luck !

Posted via CB10
    Yes, maybe it's time to do a wipe or an autoload. It's been at least a year since I've done that, and probably never since I got the SE last summer. I've been doing nondestructive upgrades all along, so for sure there's some corruption on the phone. But it's not a pleasant thought.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:21 PM