Just a heads up for the unlikely case someone installed that quite sophisticated android ransomware:

The app's name is EnergyRescue, an app that posed as a battery-saving application, but which secretly stole a user's SMS messages and contact list, uploaded the data to the crooks' servers, and later locked the user's device.

The ransom note, embedded below, would go on to threaten users that if they didn't pay, they'd publish his data online.
    Source: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...le-play-store/

It seems if you had "DTEK/Android App-Menu" to revoke all permissions at least the data leakage could have been prevented and you could have ignored the ransomnote as there would have been nothing to reveal for the crooks.
    Would be nice to know if BB hardening could have prevented the device locking (*anyone want to try?*).

So always check your app permissions (e.g. in DTEK) after installing and before launching an app even in play store. And be alerted when e.g. an energy saving app needs your contacts and sms-permission.
    01-25-17 07:26 AM
    Yeah I want to make if you using BlackBerry android device what will happen if you download the app..im asumming will be the same as other android device

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 07:35 AM
    pretty sure you cant stop this type of thing. Its all a permission thing. So if you accept them all its game over.
    01-25-17 11:55 AM