I found I can't update many android apps now. Because the updated android apps won't work well with my BlackBerry Passport anymore.
    For examples, I use Skype from Google play for long time. But after I updated the new version. I can't use Free call anymore. Yes I still can open the app but I can use any functions. It happened with many apps in Play store.
    Can someone suggest or instruct me how to fix it? It is about android runtime? Or we have to wait for the BB10 new updated version.
    By the way, I already update Android runtime for the newest.
    Please suggest me some of your idea. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 09:01 PM
    One more thing, for the time being, I fix the problem by deleting the newest version then searching the older version in APK. And use the older version of any apps for the time being. Please suggest me your ideas. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 09:05 PM
    One more thing, for the time being, I fix the problem by deleting the newest version then searching the older version in APK. And use the older version of any apps for the time being. Please suggest me your ideas. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    You seem to have resolved the problem on your own. That is the solution and very unlikely to change - the android runtime won't be updated. We're stuck with what we have and as it continues to age will see apps failing increasingly.
    04-06-16 10:49 PM
    OMG....Anyway , I heard that new updated BB 10 will come at Mid June. Would it help to fix something with Android app?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 12:18 AM
    OMG....Anyway , I heard that new updated BB 10 will come at Mid June. Would it help to fix something with Android app?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Android runtime will not be advanced anymore for BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    04-07-16 12:36 AM
    If you rely heavily on Android apps, get an Android device. Run time will be stuck on 4.3 FOREVER.

*C5303
    04-07-16 03:16 AM
    OH! It sounds like No more Facebook, no more Skype, no more many Chat apps

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:56 AM
    But I will use my Passport. Because I really love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:57 AM
    Another option is to use the available Android Apps from the Amazon Appstore. They're usually versions behind the GPStore ones and therefore will most likely work better. Use the GPStore option for those you can't find from Amazon, for instance, banking apps.

I too have a Passport and are now turning to try the "official" means only (BBW and Amazon), as I'll be soon getting a Priv.

I think you can find some popular apps available on Amazon: Shazam, Spotify, Skype, Pinterest, Etsy, Candy Crush, etc. It all depends on what you need.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    04-07-16 08:38 AM
    Thank you I ll try it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 10:20 AM