Hi guys,

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now but I never registered. Today I did, though. I thought I should share a windows tool I made. It is basically just a Windows app version of Cobald232's Snap Installer script, which you can find here. So all the credit goes to him, really. Of course, none of this would be possible without Snap having been developed at all, so my tip of the had goes to jamespaulmuir. The offical Snap thread you can find here.

Now to the app itself: There's not much to say about it. Basically you plug in your device and press the install button, it'll do all the work. Please read the readme.txt or press the Help button to get a more detailed instruction.

SnapLoad - A one-click windows app to download & install Snap-1tcbw7s.png

You can download the app from my dropbox here.

Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is appreciated.
    02-12-14 10:13 AM
    Wow .. . if it does everything automatically, that is great.

I assume thought that this will not solve the issue of my IT policy not allowing my phone to be put in "development" mode. If it does, this thing will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Let me know.
    02-12-14 10:18 AM
    Sorry, that it won't do. As it shouldn't. Go get your IT/BES Admin a cup of coffee and maybe a tip. That might do it.
    02-12-14 10:36 AM
    This is great! One improvement, allow the ability to specify the URL to a general folder or .bar and have it sideload all .bars in that folder or the specified .bar that it was directed to, automatically. That would be very handy as far as beta testing goes for developing apps and having an easy way to distribute them!
    02-12-14 11:47 AM
    Hey Turtle!
    Looks great!
    02-13-14 06:55 AM
    This is great!
    02-13-14 08:14 AM
    This is a great app, very easy to use.
    02-13-14 08:56 AM
    I will try this on my hubby's Z10.
    06-09-14 04:35 PM
    Hi guys,

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now but I never registered. Today I did, though. I thought I should share a windows tool I made. It is basically just a Windows app version of Cobald232's Snap Installer script, which you can find here. So all the credit goes to him, really. Of course, none of this would be possible without Snap having been developed at all, so my tip of the had goes to jamespaulmuir. The offical Snap thread you can find here.

Now to the app itself: There's not much to say about it. Basically you plug in your device and press the install button, it'll do all the work. Please read the readme.txt or press the Help button to get a more detailed instruction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1TCbw7s.png 
Views:	4815 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	247168

Thank you very much Mr. WeirdTurtleMan!!! Your installer was easy to use, only took a few minutes to install on my husband's Z10. Very good work!!
    06-10-14 10:59 AM
    Hi guys,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1TCbw7s.png 
Views:	4815 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	247168

What's the way to install it?

@dazlr
    06-10-14 11:32 AM
    What's the way to install it?

@dazlr
    1. Download the zip file to your Windows computer, and unzip it. Remember where the folder is.
    2. Put your phone in development mode, and enable your password. Remember your phone's IP address.
    3. Connect your phone with USB cable to the computer.
    4. In the Snapload folder, click on the .exe file to start the installer, enter your phone IP address and password in the fields, and click the "Download and Install Snap" button.

It only takes a few minutes.
    06-10-14 11:56 AM
    Awesome, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 10:25 PM
    Downloaded but haven't installed yet but thanks in advance

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-10-14 10:55 PM
    It is showing like this ......
    and is there need of BlackBerry link between them?
    SnapLoad - A one-click windows app to download & install Snap-img_20140611_141039.jpg

@dazlr
    06-11-14 03:43 AM
    Though it took me so long but after carefully following the steps an looking at your various comments I was able to download snap. Im so Happy you peeps are the best. Love you all an GOD Bless the developer.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:29 AM
    Nice..

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:43 PM
    Though it took me so long but after carefully following the steps an looking at your various comments I was able to download snap. Im so Happy you peeps are the best. Love you all an GOD Bless the developer.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to find one of my kind here

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 01:32 AM
    Wow...that was easy....I wish I had found your link first. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

I am also adding more detailed instructions for the not so technically competent.

. SNAP gives you access to Google Play with it's many apps. It is much more comprehensive than amazon appstore

Just thought I would make it easier. The instructions on the site is pretty cryptic.

First you will need a GMAIL address and password.

You also must have Blackberry link installed on your computer. You will need this anyway to backup your BB.

Connect your blackberry to your computer and have Blackberry link running

On your Blackberry do the following under settings:

Get your network IP address . Go to Settings and the last category "ABOUT" . At the top you will see "Category" and "general \/". Click on "general" and go to "networks" and get the (IPv4) address, example 192.168.2.11 (forget the slash and number after the slash)

Go back to "settings" and click on "security and privacy" At the bottom of the list is "development mode". Change to "development mode" to ON. Remember to turn off after you install the Snap app.

Follow the rest of the instructions below link. Download the app from the link "here" The download is a zip file. Unzip and go to the exec .
    Last edited by wuuwuu; 12-14-14 at 10:13 AM.
    12-08-14 03:30 PM
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    12-30-14 09:26 AM
    I have a Problem with snapload: IP Address and Device Password fields are grey. I am not able to write anything there
    05-21-15 08:14 AM