Has anyone been able to get a apk file to work that needs a obb data file? If so, where did you store the data file? I can't seem to get those apps to work with the new runtime (either by trying to install the apk, or going back and converting to a bar and using the old method).
    11-15-13 01:04 PM
    /misc/android/android/obb

If there is no obb folder in that location, make one.
    Put the apps folder into that location and bob's your uncle.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    11-15-13 03:03 PM
    Like the OP states, it seems that method no longer works on the latest 10.2.1 leak. Had GTA3 working with obb data since 10.2.0.1371 up to 1803 and now on 10.2.1.1055 it refuses to work...just stalls until you close it. No luck with Dead Trigger either...

If there's a new file path for the obb data, hope someone finds it soon...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:19 PM
    That path has worked for me with no problem

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:13 PM
    /misc/android/android/obb

If there is no obb folder in that location, make one.
    Put the apps folder into that location and bob's your uncle.
    This is the one that works

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:14 PM
    the newest leak has SOME issues with apps.....for example, before 1055 leak, i had no problems at all with Plants vs Zombies 2....but now I have to open the app, close it and then quickly open it back up and it'll go landscape......otherwise it goes in portrait squished mode.....also, people have reported problems with Pandora not having audio (PS - I got the APK for Pandora off androiddrawer, the version 4.1.2 works with audio)
    11-19-13 01:44 PM
    I would assume the ol debug technique still works?
    11-19-13 05:47 PM
    Any success? I noticed that GTA3 creates a new Android folder in /misc/android outside of the android folder we normally use - so one capital, one lowercase in / misc / android.

Putting the obb data in either folder makes no difference - stays black until giving ' Wait' or 'Close'.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:31 PM
    /misc/android/Android/obb

Create a folder called obb inside second android folder.
    Place obb files there.
    11-19-13 10:41 PM
    /misc/android/Android/obb

Create a folder called obb inside second android folder.
    Place obb files there.
    Tried that, still not working. Again, had this working fine on 10.2.0.1371 up to 10.2.0.1803 before I switched up to 10.2.1.1055.
    11-19-13 10:49 PM
    Hmm,
    I had to do that on 10.2 to get Ifruit and Minecraft working.
    On 10.2.1 I simple installed the apk's on device and they still work.
    obb files-img_20131128.png
    11-20-13 05:55 AM
    I'll try and delete and re-input the obb data then and see if that fixes anything. On device and on computer the obb data js the same size, so I was thinking it wasn't an issue, but who knows....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:29 AM
    I'm now thinking it's the correct location, but it's a problem with the runtime.

I had the problem before with the 'unlocked' runtime, i could never get GTA3 to work. I could only get it using the debug method on the 'locked' runtimes.
    11-20-13 07:39 AM
    Dead Trigger 1 only gets to the splash screen and quickly force closes the app. Dead Trigger 2 gets to the splash screen and sits there...

An odd note that I saw with GTA3...I've seen a Notification in the Hub stating that GTA3 finished downloading something after I did a fresh install of the apk... Don't know if it's trying to download necessary data to run outside of the needed obb data I supplied, or if it's a weird Hub message just that it converted successfully...but it's the only apk conversion that states that.
    11-20-13 08:42 AM
    I'd like to know how you got that to work - i get "download has canceled because resources could not be found", and my download never takes place.
    11-20-13 10:02 AM
    I'd like to know how you got that to work - i get "download has canceled because resources could not be found", and my download never takes place.
    Who is this on response to??
    You know you can quote them in your reply?
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    11-20-13 10:11 AM
    Usually it's looking for the obb if you have the obb file in the android folder with in the android folder it should just load up

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:06 PM
    Tried out Modern Combat 4 with obb data (near 2 gigs!!) and it loaded up to the splash screen, said it downloaded the data correctly and then shut down. Won't open any longer...

I think I'm in agreement with elsewhere in the forums that the current Runtime is slightly broken for this. Haven't had any luck with any obb-reliant games after upgrading to .1055.

I did post the question of if the Runtime itself can be downgraded, but I think the answer is no on top of a downgrade removing the apk install ability...but that's a guess right now.
    11-20-13 03:20 PM
    same here ... tried with NFS Most Wanted, FIFA14, and Virtua Tennis ... nothing ... do you think we should go back to the official OS10.2 ? the apk thing didn't gave me that much "+" ...
    11-21-13 09:12 AM
    Tried out Modern Combat 4 with obb data (near 2 gigs!!) and it loaded up to the splash screen, said it downloaded the data correctly and then shut down. Won't open any longer...

I think I'm in agreement with elsewhere in the forums that the current Runtime is slightly broken for this. Haven't had any luck with any obb-reliant games after upgrading to .1055.

I did post the question of if the Runtime itself can be downgraded, but I think the answer is no on top of a downgrade removing the apk install ability...but that's a guess right now.
    Ifruit works fine and it required obb data.
    Minecraft pe works and it required obb data.
    That's all I use that needed obb data though.
    11-21-13 09:33 AM
    At the end of the day, it's just a few games that were losing for now.
    It's not exactly a big deal. There's lots on other games that do work that didn't before so I say we still come out on top.
    11-21-13 09:34 AM
    Might reinstall the OS and see if it corrects the issues. I don't have the problems listed in the Bugs/Fixes thread really...Music player is a little off, but no worse for wear. Doesn't show Software Version like everyone else, so wondering if the load-up missed something.

Will report back later.
    11-21-13 10:15 AM
    try this image tutorials, its easy to understand and learn
    HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID GAMES FROM PC TO YOUR PHONE | Android HVGA and QVGA HD Games
    12-02-13 10:20 PM
    That's basically what we've been doing.
    Minus putting the actual apk in there.
    I'll try it. But I doubt it makes the difference. You can delete the apk once you've installed, so it's not needed in that file path.
    12-03-13 06:58 AM
    @AdamFox2 The portrait squish problem you're talking about can easily be fixed by enabling rotation lock before starting the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:32 AM
28 12