How can I get g.p.s on my phone and get it working?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:14 PM
    you mean google maps?
    04-17-14 06:19 PM
    Buy an Android device.
    04-17-14 06:20 PM
    No, the stuff that let's me log into apps from snap

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:40 PM
    Buy an Android device.
    I actually just switched bromide an android device

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:41 PM
    You can't. That simple
    04-17-14 06:43 PM
    I actually just switched bromide an android device

Bromide? Does that stuff give you a nice buzz?

There are some "tricks" that you can do to "trick" certain Android apps into thinking that certain Google frameworks are installed, but the likelihood of BlackBerry having them in the Android runtime officially is very slim. It would require things that Blackberry is either unwilling to agree to contractually or unable to provide from a technical standpoint, due to the limitations of running Android "on top of" QNX.
    MERCDROID and Carjackd like this.
    04-17-14 06:45 PM
    There is a Google Play Services app by Google that you can download from Snap, which has made some previously unusable apps work again. Some of the newer updates to apps like Candy Crush have required Google play services to work properly. Once I downloaded it, a few apps that had crashed before started working again. I have not tried Google Maps or Google+ but I suspect they need something more to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:19 PM
    There is a Google Play Services app by Google that you can download from Snap, which has made some previously unusable apps work again. Some of the newer updates to apps like Candy Crush have required Google play services to work properly. Once I downloaded it, a few apps that had crashed before started working again. I have not tried Google Maps or Google+ but I suspect they need something more to work.

Posted via CB10
    FYI, sadly, the latest Candy Crush Saga, version 1.29.0, does not work, even with Google Play Services installed

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:35 PM
    Bromide? Does that stuff give you a nice buzz?

There are some "tricks" that you can do to "trick" certain Android apps into thinking that certain Google frameworks are installed, but the likelihood of BlackBerry having them in the Android runtime officially is very slim. It would require things that Blackberry is either unwilling to agree to contractually or unable to provide from a technical standpoint, due to the limitations of running Android "on top of" QNX.
    Auto correct....

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll try it, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's the app now I can't find it..

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:56 PM
    i dont see a google play service app either not sure what its called
    04-17-14 10:18 PM
    FYI, sadly, the latest Candy Crush Saga, version 1.29.0, does not work, even with Google Play Services installed

Posted via CB10
    It's a ripoff of bejeweled anyways. Plus you don't get all those nagging in apps buys.

Don't see why everyone thinks candy crush is some revolution. It's a ripoff period.
    04-17-14 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried installing the version from the amazon app store? That one should not use any google play services.
    04-17-14 10:47 PM
    How can I get g.p.s on my phone and get it working?

Posted via CB10
    Why dont you download WAZE from 1market? It's a great GPS app in general and works well with my BlackBerry Q 10

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:25 AM
    I can't believe nobody has pushed you to this thread, which can effectively provide a solution to getting almost any app that relies on Google play services working.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10118742
    04-19-14 03:28 PM
    Have you tried installing the version from the amazon app store? That one should not use any google play services.
    I need the latest levels, which the amazon app store does not have.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 04:52 PM
    I can't believe nobody has pushed you to this thread, which can effectively provide a solution to getting almost any app that relies on Google play services working.

Seems beyond my scope. Has anyone been successful with this method and the latest CCS? If so, time to give it a whirl!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 04:53 PM
    Don't be intimidated. It's really as simple as downloading the apk on your computer, clicking a button, then installing 2 apk's on your phone. Give it a shot, you might surprise yourself
    04-19-14 07:27 PM

Thanks I'll try it tommroe

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:27 PM
    It's a ripoff of bejeweled anyways. Plus you don't get all those nagging in apps buys.

Don't see why everyone thinks candy crush is some revolution. It's a ripoff period.
    You obviously have absolutely no idea what you're talking about considering Candy Crush Saga is literally a million times superior and a more successfully executed version of the match three formula. There's no comparison.
    04-20-14 02:57 AM
    Thanks I'll try it tommroe

Posted via CB10
    Let us know if you're successful.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:51 PM
    Can I get a step by step?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:59 PM
    1. Download and unzip cobalt's package.
    2. Download the apk that requires patching.
    3. Open cobalt's gmaps patcher.exe file.
    4. Browse to your apk.
    5. Click patch and let it do it's thing.
    6. Go to the patched folder from cobalt's package, and copy/paste the com.google.android.gms.apk and your patched apk file onto your device.
    7. On your device install both apk's by browsing to them in the file manager and opening them.
    8. Test your app and let us know how it goes .
    04-21-14 12:13 AM