Garmin Smartphone Link needs Google Play Store??-img_20140327_111522.png

Hi, my first post!

I've downloaded and installed the Garmin Smartphone Link .apk on my Z10 successfully, however when I run it I get the error message:

Cannot find any Google accounts on your phone. Premium services are only available for purchase through the Play Store.
    Does this mean I need to sideload Snap so that Google Play Store exists on my Z10?

Thanks
    03-27-14 06:15 AM
    You won't get Google Play Services on your BB10 phone unless you do a workaround (search for it in the forums).

Installing Snap or 1Mobile won't help. There are quite a few Android apps I've installed and I've run into the same issue, only to just delete and move on.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    03-27-14 06:23 AM
    Hi BruvvaPete, thanks for the reply but I don't think that answers my question.
    You have to sideload Snap to install it, that's what I meant there. Once Snap is installed, will it give me the Google Play Store that Garmin Smartphone Link seems to need?
    03-27-14 06:25 AM
    I edited my reply. Sorry that I misread the first time

03-27-14 06:27 AM
    .... There are quite a few Android apps I've installed and I've run into the same issue, only to just delete and move on.
    So, you haven't tried installing Google Play Services personally?
    Looks like I might have to give up my Premium subscription to Garmin
    03-27-14 06:32 AM
    I've tried but I haven't tried the workaround posted in the threads. I simply gave up on it.

machinist73 likes this.
    03-27-14 06:45 AM
    Try to install Google Login Services from this post link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045

I have finally started Smartphone Link
    05-30-14 09:44 AM
    Can you tell how you were able to get it working?
    06-15-14 01:06 PM
    Can you tell how you were able to get it working?
    To get it working, you will need to install the patched Google login services, patched Google play services and patched Google play store from the above link. Then patch the Garmin app itself using Gmaps patcher, which can also be found in the above linked thread.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    cajunberry likes this.
    06-15-14 02:00 PM
    It works! Thank you!
    06-15-14 03:57 PM
    To get it working, you will need to install the patched Google login services, patched Google play services and patched Google play store from the above link. Then patch the Garmin app itself using Gmaps patcher, which can also be found in the above linked thread.
    (Warning: N00B alert) I am trying to use the Garmin Smartphone Link application on a T-Mobile Q10 (SQN100-5) still running 10.2.1.2156. After installing the .apk, I opened it and got the message that it cannot find any Google accounts on my phone. I found my way to this thread and tried following the directions but the links provided in the linked post are no longer active. Where could I find the necessary patched Google applications? The Garmin app has to be patched in order to use? Is there anywhere I could find a patched version? What would be the steps for me to take to do this myself? I have a Mac computer if that's at all relevant for something I have to do prior on a desktop.
    Last edited by jivediscodan; 01-09-17 at 07:11 PM.
    01-09-17 06:59 PM
    jivediscodan,
    I too have tried to obtain a solution for this problem.
    This app popup seems to be common on apps that were developed to require ability to make additional paid options, requiring a Google Play login.
    I also found another comment on an Amazon Q/A, that also said no apparent solution was available.
    Garmin's support site also said you need the 'true' Google Play for the Link to work.
    I have similar problem to get the LandRover auto connection app to work .. it can't.

It looks like the only way to get these apps to work is to get a full BB Android smartphone, like the newest BB KEYone
    03-04-17 07:32 PM