Wondering whether anyone is using Silent Phone (from Silent Circle) successfully.
    I use it on iOS for encrypted VOIP phone calls. It seems to hold the connection and is more stable (on iOS) than BBM voice.
    The android version installs using Snap, but crashes once opened.

Q10
    04-24-14 06:23 PM
    I'm not using that app, but since your post is several days old, I'm bumping it for assistance.
    meagvg likes this.
    04-27-14 07:44 AM
    Thank you for the bump.
    If the android sideload is broken, perhaps there's an alternative to Silent Phone?
    Cellcrypt is a encrypted VOIP and offers BB10 support. A quick forum search returns only their app availability announcement from last summer.

Anyone using this one?
    04-27-14 08:28 AM
    Bumping this to say I tried Silent Circle on my Q5 running 10.3.1, installed via Snap. Silent Phone worked well. I could make calls, receive them and quality was good. Once the app is run there's a notification in the Hub that it's active and it can be closed. It still receives calls as long as that notification is in the hub.

The Q5 could receive video calls and showed the video fine, but it couldn't send video. Presumably because there's no front camera but I'd thought it might detect the rear camera.

Silent Text sort of worked. I could send and receive as long as the app was running. Unfortunately it's much slower than the Android version. It took seconds to display the list of messages in the chat. And seconds for buttons become active when switching screens. I assume Silent Text is doing something that blackberry doesn't like for display.
    06-09-15 06:26 AM