I've seen many people asking the same question over and over again, so I thought I'd write up a small tutorial for this.

Note: This method will NOT allow you to download APK files of paid apps.

Things Needed:
    1. Google Chrome Browser: Download Link

2. APK Downloader Extension (A file named '1.4.3.crx' will be downloaded to a destination of your choice): Download Link

3. An Android Device OR if you don't have one, get the BlueStacks App Player for Windows or Mac: Download Link

Instructions:
    Step 1: Install Google Chrome if you don't already have it.

Step 2: Type "chrome://extensions" in the address bar without the quotes.

Step 3: Drag the 1.4.3.crx file that you downloaded into the Extensions page that's opened up in Chrome. Press Add in the popup box that comes up.

Step 4: Click the Options link beneath the APK Downloader entry on the Extensions page and you will be asked to provide your email, password and device ID. Enter the email address and password associated with your Google Play account. Keep this page open.

Step 5 (optional - skip this step if you have an Android phone): Install BlueStacks App Player and run it.

Step 6: In BlueStacks (or your Android phone) open the Play Store and search for, and download the DeviceID app.

Step 7: Once installed, open the DeviceID app and note the Device ID and email address shown. Type these into the APK Downloader Settings page that you kept open in Chrome in Step 4.

Step 8: Save the settings and now, whenever you browse the Play Store from Chrome, you can click on the APK Downloader icon that comes up in the address bar to download the APK file. See Screenshot

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by maneck35; 07-17-13 at 05:03 AM.
    06-19-13 02:25 PM
    <Deleted Post>
    Last edited by gregorylkelly; 06-19-13 at 03:36 PM.
    06-19-13 03:26 PM
    <Deleted Post>
    You can click on the 'Edit Post' button at the bottom of your post and delete it too.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    06-19-13 03:56 PM
    2. APK Downloader Extension (A file named '1.4.2.crx' will be downloaded to a destination of your choice): Download Link
    Link is broken
    07-09-13 08:01 PM
    Link is broken
    Edited.
    07-10-13 02:38 AM
    I explained this method a long time ago on my thread in my signature with images if anyone wants to take a look, regardless, nice tut
    07-10-13 03:01 AM
    I explained this method a long time ago on my thread in my signature with images if anyone wants to take a look, regardless, nice tut
    I saw your tut after I wrote this out. I posted it in the "Entire compendium..." thread after people kept asking the same question again and again. Thought I'd make it a thread too.

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    07-10-13 12:30 PM
    worked for the first 3 apps after that the layout of the play store changed and gives the install option but in a way that i dont see the download apk icon anymore.

Tutorial: How to download an APK file from Google Play Store-untitled.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Tutorial: How to download an APK file from Google Play Store-untitled.jpg  
    07-15-13 06:59 PM
    Reinstall the extension.
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    07-15-13 07:22 PM
    Reinstall the extension.
    Thank you! I'll give that a try

UPDATE - it didnt work will keep playing! how do u edit the device that shows in playmarket? almost every app is incompatile and still download apk icon.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you!
    Last edited by Mr.V786; 07-15-13 at 07:57 PM.
    07-15-13 07:41 PM
    http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
    Download it from here and install

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and Mr.V786 like this.
    07-15-13 08:18 PM
    APK Downloader [Latest] v1.4.0 Chrome Extension (Evozi Official)
    Download it from here and install

Posted via CB10
    worked for a moment then stopped again, really appreciate all the help.

it let me download 3 apks i think thats the limit and you have to wait? i don't know. ill try again tomorrow its almost 4am here.

thanks again for all your help.
    07-15-13 09:43 PM
    Just refresh whatever play store link you're at, it does the trick for me.
    07-16-13 12:24 AM
    Just refresh whatever play store link you're at, it does the trick for me.
    i tried everything including uninstalling chrome and reinstalling, even nabbed my brothers android to get the device ID and used his google account the icon now appears but it wont download anything once i got error 500 then nothing!

i will have to concede defeat as this is consuming too much of my time like a dog with a bone! lol

thanks for all the help.
    07-16-13 09:28 PM
    i tried everything including uninstalling chrome and reinstalling, even nabbed my brothers android to get the device ID and used his google account the icon now appears but it wont download anything once i got error 500 then nothing!

i will have to concede defeat as this is consuming too much of my time like a dog with a bone! lol

thanks for all the help.
    V 1.4.3 has been realeased which works with the new playstores. Download it from here http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    07-16-13 10:20 PM
    V 1.4.3 has been realeased which works with the new playstores. Download it from here [Official] APK Downloader – Download APK files from Android Market to PC

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    one step ahead of u, tried that last night too since 1.4.3 the icon is always there just doesnt do anything.
    07-17-13 03:45 AM
    one step ahead of u, tried that last night too since 1.4.3 the icon is always there just doesnt do anything.
    Did you uninstall 1.4.2 first?

I uninstalled it and installed 1.4.3. Works perfectly. Tried downloading an apk too. Try deleting and reinstalling the extension.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 04:57 AM
    I just downloaded chrome and the apk downloader, but when i drag and drop, the .crx file never opens in the extensions page?

I'm using chrome v28
    07-21-13 07:29 AM
    This should be stickied

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:00 AM
    I just downloaded chrome and the apk downloader, but when i drag and drop, the .crx file never opens in the extensions page?

I'm using chrome v28
    Open the Extensions page first, then drag and drop the crx file in there. If there are any popups or yellow bars asking to confirm installation, just click 'yes' or 'agree' (along those lines).
    07-21-13 11:17 PM
    Could you post a link to your forum please?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:01 AM
    I can't drag it into the extentions page?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:25 AM
    I haven't even got an activated Google play and how do I get the long number when I can't even download the Device ID?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:41 AM
    Use method 2 from this link, which works as well:
    How To Download Apk File From Google Play to PC ? [Updated] | Technoxide - Android , Windows , Linux , iOS , Symbian Techs

You still need to install Bluestacks with deviceID app to determine your device ID.
    carbon98accord likes this.
    07-30-13 09:36 AM
    Thanks, even though Real APK Leecher said failed to connect to server, it still downloaded!
    07-30-13 11:44 AM
65 123