All you can see in this thread is my attempt to make Xsacha's method as user friendly for ordinary Mac user as it can be.

Java JRE is still required

Here you go

1. Register here
    2. Get the bbidtoken.csk and put it into ~/Library/Research In Motion folder
    3. Download this DMG
    4. Open downloaded DMG. Copy "Debugtoken request" folder somewhere (Desktop or your home folders are ok)
    5. Open Terminal, type cd, drag "Debugtoken request" folder into it and press ENTER (make notice to have space after "cd" command)
    6. Type: sh register.sh and press ENTER
    7. Put in your password which you've created while registering on the web page in the step 1 when prompted
    8. Put your name when prompted.
    9. Put in your device PIN when prompted (in lower case)
    10. You should get the debugtoken.bar file on your Desktop. Drag it to the "Drag debugtoken.bar here" folder in the downloaded DMG and copy Apk2Bar Converter app somewhere.
    11. Sideload your debugtoken to your device.
    12. Run Apk2bar Converter and drag an .apk file onto application window.
    13. Sideload converted .bar file onto your device.

P.S.
    Sideloading on Mac is easy with Playbook App Manager which you can find in Chrome App Store

P.P.S
    If you fail in obtaining your debugtoken.bar you can ask me or someone else to get one for you and than just use my Apk2Bar Converter app

P.P.P.S. If you fail in converting process after geting a debugtoken from someone else than you have no hope
    Last edited by rotmistr; 08-23-13 at 09:32 AM.
    06-17-13 09:32 AM
    Thanks for this rotmistr—works perfectly on my Mac. And thanks to Xsacha et al.
    06-17-13 09:40 AM
    this looks promising. even I understand that

but look. terminal says no such file found...

Mac simplified guide: Run any Android 2.3.3 app-bildschirmfoto-2013-06-17-um-20.40.59.jpg
    06-17-13 01:42 PM
    Apk2Bar Converter isn't working
    06-17-13 01:52 PM
    blaq for q
    06-17-13 02:03 PM
    huhu, no i did it. got the debug token.bar

so in step 12:

Do in need to sideload the debugtoken.bar i created to my phone or what do you mean with "Sideload your debugtoken to your device."?? and if not, what else?
    Yup sideload the debug token

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:34 PM
    omg omg omg,

I DID IT. Thank you so much!!!!!!
    06-17-13 02:39 PM
    Got same message could not find directory, Smartie020 - how you manage to resolve?
    06-17-13 02:44 PM
    I don't know actually. I closed it and did it again. And put a space between CD and your folder you drop in.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:54 PM
    Cheers Pal, Worked, - Anyone else having any issues, when typing CD {PRESS SPACE} then drag the folder!
    06-17-13 03:03 PM
    Getting the following error:

Last login: Mon Jun 17 23:17:28 on ttys000
    MacBook-di-Federico:~ andreaallevi$ cd /Users/andreaallevi/Debugtoken\ request
    MacBook-di-Federicoebugtoken request andreaallevi$ sh register.sh
    Type your new storepass
    xxxx
    CSK file already exists. Use -cskdelete to delete first.
    Type your PIN (the one you've chosen on the web-page while registering) and press ENTER
    xxxx
    Error: Already registered with RDK
    Type your device PIN and press ENTER
    xxxx
    Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not supplied.
    MacBook-di-Federicoebugtoken request andreaallevi$ bin/blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass xxxx -devicepin xxxx ~/Users/andreaallevi/debugtoken.bar
    Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not supplied.
    MacBook-di-Federicoebugtoken request andreaallevi$
    06-17-13 04:31 PM
    @Rotmistr: Thank you very much, this method is much easier and looks like I got it working

Well apparently you've got a wrong developer password/PIN password. Are you sure that when it asked for PIN password you didn't enter your device PIN?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:05 PM

. .

In Finder chose menu:go to folder: ~/Library/Research in Motion and delete 3 files you find in there. Than you will be able to start all over again.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:29 PM
    I'm trying to run the Apk2Bar converter and I get the following message: you can't open the application because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.
    06-17-13 06:42 PM
    Thanks for the work on this! Loving Rdio and JazzRadio on my Z10!

I'm basically app-complete now!!!!
    06-17-13 10:45 PM
    Subscribed

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-18-13 01:26 AM

Last login: Mon Jun 17 23:17:28 on ttys000
    MacBook-di-Federico:~ andreaallevi$ cd /Users/andreaallevi/Debugtoken\ request
    Type your new storepass
    xxxx
    CSK file already exists. Use -cskdelete to delete first.
    Type your PIN (the one you've chosen on the web-page while registering) and press ENTER
    xxxx
    Error: Already registered with RDK
    xxxx
    MacBook-di-Federicoebugtoken request andreaallevi$ bin/blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass xxxx -devicepin xxxx ~/Users/andreaallevi/debugtoken.bar
    Same error

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:31 AM
    Hey All, So managed to created the debugtoken, which i have sideloaded (old method) - Do the new Bar Files have to be created in a special way? linked with the debugtoken?

UPDATE|: Old Debug was not valid. When entering Device PIN on Terminal it should be in lower case.
    Attached Thumbnails Mac simplified guide: Run any Android 2.3.3 app-img_00000002.jpg   Mac simplified guide: Run any Android 2.3.3 app-img_00000003.jpg  
    Last edited by chetzy; 06-18-13 at 02:03 AM.
    06-18-13 01:43 AM
    Worked

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:43 AM
    While trying to load the Converted app I get this error

Last login: Tue Jun 18 12:12:20 on ttys000
    Amteshs-MacBook-Pro:Playbook_Tools amteshwaraich$ cd $HOME/Playbook_Tools/ && java -Xmx512M -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device candycrush -password msbrnd00 candycrush.bar
    Jun 18, 2013 12:19:55 PM org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCoo kies processCookies
    WARNING: Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: webigin=EWJvGAtmBRxGGxZ1BBYCEhQ=; domain=.opendns.com; expires=Tue Jun 18 07:04:55 2013 GMT; Max-Age=900; path=/; httponly". Unable to parse expires attribute: Tue Jun 18 07:04:55 2013 GMT
    Jun 18, 2013 12:19:57 PM org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCoo kies processCookies
    WARNING: Cookie rejected: "[version: 0][name: OUS][value: deleted][domain: .opendns.com][path: /][expiry: Thu Jan 01 05:30:01 GMT+05:30 1970]". Illegal domain attribute "opendns.com". Domain of origin: "www.website-unavailable.com"
    [Fatal Error] :78:36: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMPars er.parse(DOMParser.java:246)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu ilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBu ilder.java:124)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.doLogin(Deploy.java:254)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.run(Deploy.java:179)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.main(Deploy.java:140)
    Error: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    Amteshs-MacBook-Pro:Playbook_Tools amteshwaraich$ cd $HOME/Playbook_Tools/ && java -Xmx512M -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device candycrush -password msbrnd00 candycrush.bar
    Jun 18, 2013 12:21:35 PM org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCoo kies processCookies
    WARNING: Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: webigin=EWJvGAtmBRxGGxZ1BBYCEhQ=; domain=.opendns.com; expires=Tue Jun 18 07:06:35 2013 GMT; Max-Age=900; path=/; httponly". Unable to parse expires attribute: Tue Jun 18 07:06:35 2013 GMT
    Jun 18, 2013 12:21:36 PM org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCoo kies processCookies
    WARNING: Cookie rejected: "[version: 0][name: OUS][value: deleted][domain: .opendns.com][path: /][expiry: Thu Jan 01 05:30:01 GMT+05:30 1970]". Illegal domain attribute "opendns.com". Domain of origin: "www.website-unavailable.com"
    [Fatal Error] :78:36: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMPars er.parse(DOMParser.java:246)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu ilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBu ilder.java:124)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.doLogin(Deploy.java:254)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.run(Deploy.java:179)
    at com.qnx.bbt.deploy.Deploy.main(Deploy.java:140)
    Error: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
    Amteshs-MacBook-Pro:Playbook_Tools amteshwaraich$
    06-18-13 01:53 AM
    I'm trying to run the Apk2Bar converter and I get the following message: you can't open the application because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.
    Extremely strange. I have mountain lion on my Mac and the application is fully functional. Try re download.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:02 AM
    All working, thanks for the Dummy's Guide!
    anon(5942008) likes this.
    06-18-13 02:16 AM
    Awesome stuff here, just one question to the OP
    Is there provision to renew the Debutoken, like in xsacha's method you just use the b script and it renews the debugtoken without the headache of having to re-register everything
    06-18-13 08:40 AM
    Everything is pretty clear to me but I'm still getting the error below:

Last login: Tue Jun 18 15:53:26 on ttys000
    MacBook-di-Federico:~ andreaallevi$ cd /Users/andreaallevi/Desktop/Debugtoken\ request
    Type your new storepass
    xxxx
    CSK file created.
    xxxx
    Error: Password must be at least 6 characters
    xxxx
    Error: Not yet registered to request debug tokens
    06-18-13 08:57 AM
    Awesome stuff here, just one question to the OP
    Is there provision to renew the Debutoken, like in xsacha's method you just use the b script and it renews the debugtoken without the headache of having to re-register everything
    Sure. It's simple edit of the script.
    06-18-13 09:26 AM
163 123 ...