- CrackBerry User
- 80 Posts
Kil messenger and notifications
I noticed that if you side load the Android version of kik messenger, even if you have the application closed, if a message is received it comes up as a notification and disappears once you open the message. This is amazing, so would this mean that kik messenger continues to run in the background even after its closed?
Note: i see no adverse affects on battery life whatsoever, whether the app is open or closed
Posted via CB10
- 03-13-2013, 05:49 PM #6
You can close the app, but the Dalvik VM will still be running, which probably means that the app will turn into a background process within the VM, hence the notifications.
Android apps never really close, or so I was led to believe. You need a task manager to really tell them to stop working. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
- 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM #7
Since running this version I don't get notifications until I reopen the app. The 188.8.131.52 version from goodereader does do notifications. I find that if you have a conversation going and it is idle for about a day it might not notify you until you re-open it, but this version doesn't seem to notify at all.
- By crackrunner in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 12Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
- By blackberry_newbie151 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
- By sparkins in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
- By jasperar in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:52 PM