I just came across "iMessage Chat" in the google play store (Link to Original App) and converted it to a bar file just to see if it would work.
    It works on my q10 but the screen is a bit cut off and it's a bit sluggish....BUT IT WORKS!

Don't believe me? Here try it yourself!
    imessage.bar download: LINK REMOVED

Note: You'll need an AppleID to use this.
    Also, some requests apparently go through the app dev's server...so i'd recommend making a new apple ID (if you have a credit card linked to it or you actually need the appleID for something serious).
    Last edited by Shao128; 09-24-13 at 07:15 AM.
    ddddafadf and BryanVilla like this.
    09-24-13 01:44 AM
    Moved your thread to the correct forum.
    09-24-13 01:46 AM
    Just thought I should say that A) this works and B) he found this using my app Reader YC. I'd you like cool things like this check it out! http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34175888

Did I mention it's free and open source?

Join the Surge Co. Channel! C001213C9
    09-24-13 01:50 AM
    Yep. Works.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:26 AM
    I just came across "iMessage Chat" in the google play store (Link to Original App) and converted it to a bar file just to see if it would work.
    It works on my q10 but the screen is a bit cut off and it's a bit sluggish....BUT IT WORKS!

Also, some requests apparently go through the app dev's server...so i'd recommend making a new apple ID (if you have a credit card linked to it or you actually need the appleID for something serious).
    I don't want to be weird or anything but your the best and I may love you..... Haha just kidding but seriously an amazing find and it works great! Then only thing I missed from my iPhone was emojis and iMessage so now life is perfect

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shao128; 09-24-13 at 08:32 AM.
    borov5 likes this.
    09-24-13 02:40 AM
    Gave it a try on my Z10...Verizon 10.2.0.1743...won't send tonite, I'll try again tomorrow since I just created an Apple ID.

Last edited by Shao128; 09-24-13 at 08:32 AM.
    09-24-13 04:18 AM
    Moved your thread to the correct forum.
    You moved it to the leak board instead of the Android App Sideloading board.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:39 AM
    I've removed the link to the BAR file in the OP due to security concerns with this app.

'iMessage Chat' app shows up for Android, isn't pretty, don't trust it | iMore
    09-24-13 07:18 AM
    I've removed the link to the BAR file in the OP due to security concerns with this app.

'iMessage Chat' app shows up for Android, isn't pretty, don't trust it | iMore
    .... why? he didn't even make this and he even states there could be issues with it.

09-24-13 08:02 AM
    .... why? he didn't even make this and he even states there could be issues with it.
    Because there is a high probability the app is malicious/stealing your info. I've left the link in the OP to the app page, so if someone is determined to try it they can convert the APK themselves.
    KemKev likes this.
    09-24-13 08:06 AM
    09-24-13 08:09 AM
    Umm. He says make a new Apple ID. It literally isn't dangerous at all if you follow that. And it is dangerous why? Because that guy on iMore writes a two paragraph article on it?

09-24-13 08:10 AM
    right, because Rene Ritchie is just some blogger on some site.

I'd listen to what he has to say.
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    09-24-13 08:15 AM
    Umm. He says make a new Apple ID. It literally isn't dangerous at all if you follow that. And it is dangerous why? Because that guy on iMore writes a two paragraph article on it?
    Sigh... really? If you're that amendment feel free to go use it. But we are not going to keep direct links to apps like this on the forums. If the app is shown to be sound then I'll put the link back.

In the mean time:
    iMessage for Android looks like a great way to compromise your security | The Verge
    iMessage makes the jump to Android in the form of a shady unofficial app | 9to5Mac
    Security Concerns Abound Over Unofficial Android iMessage App That Uses Chinese Servers To Process Data | TechCrunch
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6435902
    Unofficial Android iMessage app can steal info and download malware
    iMessage for Android. Be careful what you trust!
    Avoid at all costs the iMessage Chat app in the Play Store
    There’s an iMessage app for Android and it’s not safe for users
    09-24-13 08:17 AM
    Then why don't you remove the Android link too? It's just as dangerous. He states the danger in the OP. Then people can read it and decide for themselves if they download it.

09-24-13 08:23 AM
    You moved it to the leak board instead of the Android App Sideloading board.

Posted via CB10
    It was moved from the leak forum to the sideloading one.
    09-24-13 10:02 AM
    Go to my next post.
    Last edited by Djlatino; 09-24-13 at 11:17 AM.
    09-24-13 10:59 AM
    i wouldnt touch this with barge pole why would apple officially allow this ? apple is one of the most closed off companys in the world if you do download its at you're own risk i dont even understand how the app even exists this isnt like apple at all
    09-24-13 11:11 AM
    not sure why people would even consider it with all the warnings from the sites, and it being unofficial and all. Obviously a fake.
    09-24-13 11:16 AM
    The only thing the app can access is your messages and your Apple ID Info.

I suggest not using it if you're paranoid about your info. The dev itself is very weird in terms of support when it comes login issues and all he asks is for the Apple ID (like that's enough to debug the issue).

On top of that, he took the time to obfuscated the app, which is ridiculous imho. What is he possibly trying to hide besides how the data is

Ped when it's transferred to his server then to your phone?
    LS.
    My verdict is: dont risk it, texting is enough.

Saurik himself seems to have trouble trusting it as well because of the trouble gone through obfuscating it.
    09-24-13 11:16 AM
    Be careful it seems to be a Trojan horse....

Don't download it!

iMessage hits Android through an unofficial app, but it appears to be a trojan horse. Don?t trust it. tip @techmeme

https://t.co/72H4OaBWWS

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:29 AM
    So basically a cross platform app for iMessages that WORKS perfect has been developed by people who nobody has heard about, and Blackberry couldn't launch cross platform bbm without failing?

Wow. Just... Wow.
    09-24-13 01:10 PM
    So basically a cross platform app for iMessages that WORKS perfect has been developed by people who nobody has heard about, and Blackberry couldn't launch cross platform bbm without failing?

Wow. Just... Wow.
    works perfectly at what, stealing your info?
    09-24-13 01:16 PM
    works perfectly at what, stealing your info?
    It actually does work. I tried it last night and got a bunch of WTH's from friends that know i'm a hcore BlackBerry fan but saw me messaging them through imessage.

Like I said in my OP, I recommend you create a new apple ID incase this actually ends up stealing your info.
    irsan likes this.
    09-24-13 01:19 PM
    I rather just wait for cross platform BBM, everyone knows BBM is the best messenger ever.

And not gonna create another email address just for this.

My friends with iPhone must get BBM I'm not gonna conform to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:20 PM
34 12