This may be an idiotic question but I'm reading a lot of these threads and some mention debug token.. can anyone tell me what is it and what does it do?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:49 AM
    It's basically a temporary license that allows apps to run without having BlackBerry sign it. It's mainly used by devs so they can test their apps without using BlackBerry's signature.

In layman terms, debug token is the key the car dealership gave to you so you can test drive. You can do anything you want with the car during test drive, but you're bound to have to return the keys. You can ask for the keys multiple times though, so as long as you keep asking for the keys everytime you have to return them, you basically own the car

Now, replace "car dealership" with BlackBerry, "test drive" with development, "car" with "apps" and "key" with "debug token"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    mastermike87, 00stryder and Blaby like this.
    07-04-13 11:32 AM
    It's basically a temporary license that allows apps to run without having BlackBerry sign it. It's mainly used by devs so they can test their apps without using BlackBerry's signature.

In layman terms, debug token is the key the car dealership gave to you so you can test drive. You can do anything you want with the car during test drive, but you're bound to have to return the keys. You can ask for the keys multiple times though, so as long as you keep asking for the keys everytime you have to return them, you basically own the car

Now, replace "car dealership" with BlackBerry, "test drive" with development, "car" with "apps" and "key" with "debug token"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Aaaaaand he beat me to it :P
    07-04-13 11:33 AM

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Would that make xsasha the salesman ?

Posted via CB10
    Johny 5 likes this.
    07-04-13 04:20 PM
    I've actually put the time ahead (so that the debug token expires) and the apps still work, and the debug token says it has expired. I've deleted the debug token, the apps still works. I don't think that it actually bypasses blackberry signature (since you need blackberry keys to create the debug token).

My debug token actually expires the 13th of this month and I'm almost certain my apps will still work.
    07-05-13 12:45 AM
    I've actually put the time ahead (so that the debug token expires) and the apps still work, and the debug token says it has expired. I've deleted the debug token, the apps still works. I don't think that it actually bypasses blackberry signature (since you need blackberry keys to create the debug token).

My debug token actually expires the 13th of this month and I'm almost certain my apps will still work.
    I've accidentally deleted mine before and the apps all still worked as well.
    07-05-13 12:49 AM
    Interesting. Maybe if I delete my debug token every time I finish sideloading they'll stay permanently?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-05-13 01:12 AM
    Would that make xsasha the salesman ?

Posted via CB10
    That'd make xsacha that cousin who always tells you the latest news about cars and tip you on how to get the GPS device and leather seats for free :lol:

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-05-13 01:14 AM
    Once your token expires you'll need a new token to continue to sideload using xsacha's method. Your currentlly installed apps won't be effected if your token is removed or expired.
    Blaby likes this.
    07-06-13 06:09 AM
    i mistakenly delete my debug token.... and how can i restore it back???
    09-15-13 04:51 PM
    i mistakenly delete my debug token.... and how can i restore it back???
    You will have to sideload it again.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    09-16-13 04:38 AM