Here is a link to Canon EPP bar file. Allows you to print photos from Z10 directly to a Canon wifi printer. I sideloaded it and works a treat

Canon EPP : BlackBerry 10 Bars

There is also a bar file for HP printers
    Dealz417 and pmccartney like this.
    05-05-13 12:37 PM
    I'm jealous. I want this for Samsung wifi printer. Tried couple of bar's but none of them works.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:06 PM
    Try a search in the link I provided

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:09 PM
    The app loads and connects to my printer just fine, however when the app loads the images on my memory card for print selection for some reason it creates its own folder on my memory card device memory where it copies the images but also crops them to 95x95 and each time it loads the images it copies them to this folder.

So for example if I have 20 images, the app will process & load my images and also crop and copy these images to this folder and each time I go to the "Select image" screen in the app it will reprocess & load my images but again crop and copy another 20 making 40 images, it keeps cropping and copying on every process & load....

This seems odd to me, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Also at first when I selected an image before printing I'd click on the image to preview and it would be cropped and not the full image. I seemed to have fixed this by changing the view (swiping down from the select image screen).

@ BigwhiteUK

Are you experiencing any of these issues?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 05-05-13 at 05:20 PM.
    05-05-13 04:50 PM
    Which folder and where? Cant seem to find this!
    05-05-13 05:03 PM
    The images that are cropped and copied are stored in....

Device Memory > misc > android > Android > data > (Canon folder) > files

They also show up in the Picture app...

Pictures, then click Albums, then the album called 'Misc'

*For the images to load in the app you need to make sure the 'View' is set to 'All Items' or 'Other Items'.

Also i have just realized the fix i thought i found isn't a fix because changing the view setting wouldn't have fixed it, as the view setting just means which images are loaded (images on the device and/or scanned images by the app).
    05-05-13 05:11 PM
    It works great with my Canon MG3220. It detected the printer on its own. I printed a team photo to 8x10 and it came out as expected.

I don't have any extra Misc album folder in Photos on my SD card. The Android folders the app requires do not contain any copies of the picture I printed.

Thank you BigwhiteUK!
    05-05-13 05:27 PM
    Okay, i see what is happening...

If for example i have 5 images saved on my memory card, which the app loads on the image selection screen so i'm able to select one or more for printing. On the 1st process/load if i select one of these 5 images all is fine on the next screen where i can preview the image.

If i was to swipe back to the image selection screen (to maybe select an additional image), it will re-process and load my original 5 images again BUT it will also load the 5 cropped images it saved on the 1st process/load. If i then by accident select one of the cropped images the preview on the next screen will of course wont show the full images as it's cropped.

Each time i go back to the image selection screen it will re-process and load my original 5 images (also crop and copy them) and also load any cropped images that were created on previous loads....

I'm going to pass on this app i think, thanks anyway for letting people know about the app.
    05-05-13 05:37 PM
    It works great with my Canon MG3220. It detected the printer on its own. I printed a team photo to 8x10 and it came out as expected.

I don't have any extra Misc album folder in Photos on my SD card. The Android folders the app requires do not contain any copies of the picture I printed.

Thank you BigwhiteUK!
    Have you checked Albums in the Picture app?

Does the android folder contain the images saved on your memory card, that the app loads when you select 'Images' from the home screen?
    05-05-13 05:39 PM
    I'm jealous. I want this for Samsung wifi printer. Tried couple of bar's but none of them works.

Posted via CB10
    I would like that too. I have samsung wifi laser printer. clx3170.
    05-05-13 05:40 PM
    Have you checked Albums in the Picture app? Yes...nothing there. No new or Misc folder

Does the android folder contain the images saved on your memory card, that the app loads when you select 'Images' from the home screen?No..nothing copied and/or permanently saved there. EDIT - found thumbnails of the images...each about 5k
    Answers in red
    05-05-13 05:46 PM
    Do these thumbnails also load on the image selection screen within the app? or does it load only the original images saved on your memory card?
    05-05-13 05:57 PM
    Do these thumbnails also load on the image selection screen within the app? or does it load only the original images saved on your memory card?
    That's what it looks like but it is printing the hi-res image.

If I hold my finger on a thumbnail on the image selection screen, it will open the original photo.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:07 PM
    I just tested the Wi-fi scanning as well. It worked flawlessly to create jpeg or pdf in grey scale or colour.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:14 PM
    I see, hmmm odd.

I didn't try holding down my finger on the thumbnail as when i'm on the next screen the image at the top when clicked shows the thumbnail/cropped image.

also for me if for example i went to the image selection screen 3 times, on the 3rd time it will load 1 x for original images and 3 x thumbnails for each image so if i had 10 images that 40 images loaded,30 of them being thumbnails and all 30 thumbnail shown in the picture app in the Album 'Misc' and also on my device memory in the android folder for the canon app which is just silly.
    05-05-13 06:15 PM
    I just tested the Wi-fi scanning as well. It worked flawlessly to create jpeg or pdf in grey scale or colour.

Posted via CB10
    I also tested out the wifi scanning and it seem to work very well for both gray scale and colour. no issue with it but the printing, i can't keep an app that is generating thumbnails/cropped images every time the app loads the images on my memory card.
    05-05-13 06:16 PM
    Has anyone figured out if we can print pdf's that are saved from email? I tried saving to the misc scanned pdf folder but had no luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:42 PM
    Yes indeed it does save a thumbnail of every printable image, 3kb - 5kb in size. It does this once, I presume acting as a cache to speed up loading of the program! It hasn't saved these to my SD card, only in device memory, in Misc/android/android/data/canon/files
    They are not reloaded each time I open the app, or replicated to SD card. I think I can live with this,as I don't store a great deal of images on my device

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:38 AM
    Yes indeed it does save a thumbnail of every printable image, 3kb - 5kb in size. It does this once, I presume acting as a cache to speed up loading of the program! It hasn't saved these to my SD card, only in device memory, in Misc/android/android/data/canon/files
    They are not reloaded each time I open the app, or replicated to SD card. I think I can live with this,as I don't store a great deal of images on my device

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the app seems to be working fine for you, hmm I might try it again later...

The caching of the images for faster loading is fine, I understand that but caching the images every single time I go to the image selection screen isn't right as it creates many duplicate thumbnails, which also load up (with my original images) on the image selection screen. Sounds like you aren't experiencing these issues?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:54 AM
    I deleted all the thumbnails in the android/data/canon/files 77 of them, then restarted the prog. The 77 thumbnails returned, as I expected. Closed and restarted the prog several times and there was no increase in the number of thumbnails; 77, a total of 309KB. Still no misc folder in SD card..... all strange!
    05-06-13 08:13 AM
    Are any of the 77 thumbnails duplicates? or do you have 77 images and 1 thumbnail for each image?

also can you check in the Picture app to see if the thumbnails are showing there in an Album?

the misc folder wouldn't be on the sd card, for me it's only on the device memory and shown in the picture app when looking at Albums > Misc
    05-06-13 08:40 AM
    All my images on ate my SD card. The app creates a thumbnail for each pic. A total of 77 thumbnails. It's not repeated in the picture folder, only in the android folder.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:45 AM
    For me, It's working exactly as BigwhiteUK describes.
    Dealz417 - Have you removed it and reinstalled it. If so did you 'properly' remove it via DDPB or the Chrome plugin?

If it ends up not functioning properly for you, a temporary workaround would be to use a file manager app (Ghost Commander) to select all and delete the thumbnails and other file that keep duplicating. It all depends on how often you're using the app as to how frustrating it may end up being for you.
    05-06-13 10:41 AM
    For me, It's working exactly as BigwhiteUK describes.
    Dealz417 - Have you removed it and reinstalled it. If so did you 'properly' remove it via DDPB or the Chrome plugin?

If it ends up not functioning properly for you, a temporary workaround would be to use a file manager app (Ghost Commander) to select all and delete the thumbnails and other file that keep duplicating. It all depends on how often you're using the app as to how frustrating it may end up being for you.
    Yes, I uninstalled it the proper way via the DDPB. I haven't reinstalled it yet, I did install a different version (older) it was functioning the exact same way as the version before (latest). I'm not sure why it functions the way it does for me, but it's annoying.

I used the default file manager to delete the thumbnails and I can also delete them via the pictures app (holding down on the misc album and deleting it).

I'll try again with the latest version once I'm running 10.1 official and I'll see if it functions properly then.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:48 PM
    Sadly I've tried the HP ePrint .bar file and it doesn't work. It continually crashes. I tried it once before by porting it over myself using SDK's and DDPB. But no luck. Hopefully it will work eventually.
    05-06-13 07:23 PM
27 12