hello guys, im new here in crackberry, so here is my first post and app converted to playbook:

i bring Whatsapp, a lot of people say is not working, i try some by myself and didnt work so i get into the Apk to bar converter page and make it work.

the downloads you need are here in attach files enjoy

so here is the download link of the whatsapp.bar

just need DDPB to instal the .bar here is a tutorial of installing apps

updated to 24/12/2012 working
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alberto504; 12-24-12 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Updated to 24/12/2012
    04-12-12 02:24 PM
    Hi,

I have the DDPB installer, i downloaded the file attached. I am unable to use the installed to open the .rar file, only .bar files are visible. Would appreciate assistance.
    06-22-12 03:27 PM
    Hi,

I have the DDPB installer, i downloaded the file attached. I am unable to use the installed to open the .rar file, only .bar files are visible. Would appreciate assistance.
    It's a rar file. Download and install WinRar Download WinRAR Free You'll should be able to extract the bar file with this program.
    06-22-12 03:50 PM
    It already worked since OS 2.0.0.7971 ..
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 12-03-12 at 11:14 AM.
    06-23-12 08:56 AM
    Thanks a lot man. Works like a charm!
    07-10-12 01:52 AM
    thanks a lot. working. it's amazing!
    07-13-12 04:59 AM
    It is no longer working. I get the message for downloading a new version. Could you update this new file to a new bar or tell us what you needed to change?
    08-31-12 05:37 AM
    This is epic! thanks bro!
    09-02-12 09:18 AM
    Latest working Whatsapp

Used apk to bar converter and works like a charm

Tested on Play Book. 2.0.1.668

Only thing I found is when your in a chat you have to exit the app to get out of the chat, unless someone else sees another way out of the chat that I dont
    psychlila and kerry6 like this.
    09-03-12 01:30 PM
    it's worked for a while...

it's just you can't use it on your phone if you set it up on the pb.
    09-03-12 05:19 PM
    it's worked for a while...

it's just you can't use it on your phone if you set it up on the pb.
    So if you remove it from your PB will be able to use it on your phone again? I am planning on installing it for the PB... should I or shouldn't I?
    09-04-12 06:27 AM
    I downloaded everything data u guys said is needed to download in order for it to work..... Bt still its not working for me can any1 hlp me plzzz
    10-05-12 03:40 PM
    it's not only downloading stuff, you have to call the people at whatsapp to get the code you need to activate your version. I am using it for months on end and works good. Since update from tbe OS to 2.1.0 it works better.
    10-05-12 04:04 PM
    Installed it with the Playbook App manager extension for Google chrome and works perfectly!! :-) THANK YOU! Wanted to do this because i got rid of my smartphone and i needed to keep using whatsapp, i don't have a problem with it being just stuck in the Playbook.
    10-10-12 10:58 PM
    Can you'll post the latest Whatsapp messenger. I installed the above and it says that you are using a outdated version. I have updated my Playbook to version 2.1.
    10-16-12 08:00 AM
    I was using whatsapp on my playbook too and it started showing a update 2 days ago. the update is cannot be done via playbook !! I cant access my messages!! Please help!!
    10-18-12 12:22 PM
    Hi i am having trouble installing whats app.
    I followed the instructions and side loaded it on to the Playbook. It does't let me open the app, every time i try to it has the blackberry logo and goes back to the menu.
    It may be something really simple as its my first time trying to side load, Is there anything that you suggest?
    10-19-12 04:39 AM
    having trouble too...there is this balckberry logo and then back to menu...
    10-19-12 10:18 AM
    How do add contacts?
    10-19-12 09:24 PM
    Hey guys,

i am knew to bb playbook.
    I installed all as described but cant activate whatsapp.
    it is saying: "a cellular data network is required to activate whatsapp messenger".

Any solution??

Thanks.
    Mark
    10-25-12 07:22 AM
    Hello guys, thank you very much for sideloading whatsapp! But I currently have a big issue and I haven't found any answer anywhere on crackberry.

I have sideloaded whatsapp as you suggested and it installed ok. Have received the call with the 3 digitsand this also worked however Ince I get into whatsapp I can't find any of my contacts (even if I added them within the android contact list,I still get 0 contacts!)

Help, why does it happen and more importantly how can I solve it?? Thanks
    10-28-12 03:04 PM
    Hello guys, thank you very much for sideloading whatsapp! But I currently have a big issue and I haven't found any answer anywhere on crackberry.

I have sideloaded whatsapp as you suggested and it installed ok. Have received the call with the 3 digitsand this also worked however Ince I get into whatsapp I can't find any of my contacts (even if I added them within the android contact list,I still get 0 contacts!)

Help, why does it happen and more importantly how can I solve it?? Thanks
    Well, actually you can slide from the top, choose "contact" then it'll send you to the contact tab (black back ground). From there, you can manually add any contact and - later - chat with them. Biggest problem is : Whatsapp won't add any contact from your playbook and you need to do it manually.

Hope this will help. Please excuse me for my bad English
    11-11-12 11:07 AM
    For those who haven't got it to work yet...I played around with it and finally figured it out.

Don't jump around trying to find the latest whatsapp file on someone's post. Go to whatsapp.com, download the latest android app they have posted. It will be an APK file. then go to an .apk to .bar converter site (google it) and convert the apk file to bar. Then load the bar file and it worked for me - you get a code to enter in and such.

Go to settings and enable notifications, you get your whatsapp messages popped up in top left with whatsapp icon and all! it's almost like having native...well...kinda, but it works nonetheless.
    11-29-12 11:16 PM
    hi there folks i have done everything downloaded it on playbook using ddpb activated it all no problem but when i click to talk rather than the chat page come up it says this version is too old download a new version heck lol any clever ideas ???
    12-01-12 07:50 PM
    use an updated version of Whatsapp
    12-03-12 11:15 AM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD