I thought I would share my findings just incase anyone else is running into the same problem I was when trying to sideload an app from a mac.

Took me ages to get it working but I've read just about every website and post about sideloading from a mac.

I followed this guide: Side-loading on the PlayBook with a Mac - localbar didn't work for me though

I then kept getting this error message:

n thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Finally a user by the name of zachamo posted this little gem:

Just an FYI to Mac users on OSX 10.5 with a Core 2 Duo processor.. You may have issues side porting due to an error to do with an invalid version number in the .class file.. this is because you're on the wrong Java version..

Go to Applications>Utilities>Java and move the java version 1.6 (64 bit) to the top of the list.

So zachamo, THANKYOU! and for anyone else running into this problem, enjoy.
    02-23-12 04:26 AM
    OMG I love you and whoever came up with that because sideloading was not working for me.
    02-23-12 10:43 PM
    I was able to sideload the test simplebrowser that came with the folder but when i tried to sideload a pdf reader I get message saying unknown argument. This is what I am typing in:

java -Xmx512M -jar "BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device 169.254.0.1-password **** AndroidPdfViewer.bar

I put the bar file in the folder just like it says. Anyone have a clue to what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance
    02-23-12 11:04 PM
    Will definitely give this a try, it's annoying to have to boot into Windows just to sideload an app lol. Thanks for the post
    der Geist likes this.
    02-24-12 12:09 AM
    I was able to sideload the test simplebrowser that came with the folder but when i tried to sideload a pdf reader I get message saying unknown argument. This is what I am typing in:

java -Xmx512M -jar "BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device 169.254.0.1-password **** AndroidPdfViewer.bar

I put the bar file in the folder just like it says. Anyone have a clue to what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance
    If that is exactly what you type in then there is a missing space between your device's IP and the password argument.

This is correct:
    Code:
    java -Xmx512M -jar "BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -password **** AndroidPdfViewer.bar
    I do wonder why people don't just use the tools that come with the Tablet OS SDK, though. They are not more complicated that these tools. You just go to the installed app folder and type in:
    Code:
    blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 192.168.11.3 -password **** -package mypackage.bar
    02-24-12 03:38 AM
    Works well, thanks
    02-24-12 04:42 AM
    Works great, thanks everybody.
    02-24-12 07:12 AM
    Search for obarload in the forum it's the easyest way with a Mac.
    02-24-12 07:17 AM
    Having the barload issue. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Don't know if it's spacing or what, but it is NOT working for me and I can usually do this sort of thing.
    03-04-12 07:54 PM
    I thought I would share my findings just incase anyone else is running into the same problem I was when trying to sideload an app from a mac.

Took me ages to get it working but I've read just about every website and post about sideloading from a mac.

I followed this guide: Side-loading on the PlayBook with a Mac - localbar didn't work for me though

I then kept getting this error message:

n thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Finally a user by the name of zachamo posted this little gem:

Just an FYI to Mac users on OSX 10.5 with a Core 2 Duo processor.. You may have issues side porting due to an error to do with an invalid version number in the .class file.. this is because you're on the wrong Java version..

Go to Applications>Utilities>Java and move the java version 1.6 (64 bit) to the top of the list.

So zachamo, THANKYOU! and for anyone else running into this problem, enjoy.
    gizmojeff.com no longer exists. Anyone know where I can get hold of the sideloading for mac osx guide?
    08-10-12 03:22 PM
    I used this guide, works great for me...

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...arload-687019/

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-12 06:26 PM
    I have used several methods and never had any problem sideloading. I used the terminal originally, but in another thread someone gave me a link to a fantastic Chrome extension that works great for sideloading AND uninstalling sideloading apps. Basically no steps required at all to run it.
    08-11-12 06:44 PM
    I have used several methods and never had any problem sideloading. I used the terminal originally, but in another thread someone gave me a link to a fantastic Chrome extension that works great for sideloading AND uninstalling sideloading apps. Basically no steps required at all to run it.
    Yup, the Chrome browser extension is called Playbook App Manager . Simple and intuitive to use. No howto is required. Thanks.
    09-05-12 03:27 PM
    I am using chrome extension Playbook App Manager works awesome
    04-20-13 02:37 AM
    04-22-13 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD