Hello,

I just got my playbook a few days ago and since then I have been searching for a good offline map and turn by turn navigation app for it.
    There are tons of discussions and suggestions on the web but there is no real answer to it!

NAVFREE on android seems to be perfect for this job (dowloads maps from open maps very easy, has turn by turn navigation and....). But no one has posted the BAR file for it....could you please help me make this work?

Thanks!

I live in Canada, but both NAVFREE and NAVFREE USA will be very handy!

keywords:navigation, apk, bar, gps, navfree, map, playbook
    09-18-12 02:58 PM
    i just tried it (downloaded NAVFREE World of play.google.com and converter it with the online convertert) but it crashes right away.
    Best offline navigation is still osmand i guess...

i also tried commercial solutions like navigon and it starts up fine but then stops because it cant access the official google market (for maps i guess) and wont continue. Even tried to copy the maps from an android phone to the pb but still the same problem.
    ashkanr likes this.
    09-19-12 01:22 AM
    i just tried it (downloaded NAVFREE World of play.google.com and converter it with the online convertert) but it crashes right away.
    Best offline navigation is still osmand i guess...

i also tried commercial solutions like navigon and it starts up fine but then stops because it cant access the official google market (for maps i guess) and wont continue. Even tried to copy the maps from an android phone to the pb but still the same problem.
    Thanks for your reply and converting the navfree app! I will try osmand for now.....

I will post here if I get to a better solution.
    09-19-12 12:01 PM
    11-07-12 08:03 PM
    why not try Magellan Compass Maps 3.0.bar is native PB but works well.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    11-12-12 01:54 PM
    Did anyone try OsmAnd? Seems to do something similar to NavFree and is available via BB appworld with a free version available...
    01-20-14 01:16 PM
    Did anyone try OsmAnd? Seems to do something similar to NavFree and is available via BB appworld with a free version available...
    Many have tried it and like it. Others are not so high on it. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, it's the only navigation app that can create routes while offline (Nogago may also, but Nogago is an offshoot of Osmand). The main difference between the free and paid versions of Osmand is the number of offline maps that you can download- unlimited for the paid version, 10 maps, I believe, for the free one.
    01-20-14 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD