So I was on the apk to bar website the other day, and someone had converted mVideoPlayer to bar so I thought I'd download and try it out. I know that some people are running this app on their PBs and the app has been discussed before, but apparently not recently and never in much detail. Anyhow, it's got some interesting features that the native Videos app does not have that some might be interested in.

First off, it seems that the player will play all of the video types that the native player will, with the exception of DRM videos downloaded from the Video Store. Second as I said, it has some features that the native player doesn't have, among which are: (1) It sees the PB's folder structure, so you can organize your vids into different folders and the app will see these folders (as the Pictures app does) so you don't have to scroll through every vid you have loaded like you need to with the native app. (2) It allows you to easily create multiple video playlists. (3) You can set it up so, when a video ends, instead of returning to the homescreen, it will play the next video in the folder you were in. (3) You can change the aspect ratio of the vid that's playing, so you can go full screen with any 4:3 videos that you have if you wish. (4) It has tap to pause, so just tapping on the screen will pause/unpause it. (5) It has gesture support, so swiping left or right on the screen will advance or rewind the video a set amount. (6) It has a resume function, so if you stop watching a video and then close the app, when you go back to play the same video, it will start where you last left off. (7) Has the standard PB android bottom swipe to go back feature. (8) It seems to support subtitles, although I haven't tested this feature so I won't swear that it actually works.

There are some other features, but I think I've outlined the main ones. All in all, it's a pretty good player. For those who are interested, the bar file can be downloaded here- http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/42672/a..._v1.0.36.0.bar
    SifJar likes this.
    10-26-12 03:17 PM
    Sounds like a good app, will have to install it and give it a go then.
    10-26-12 03:35 PM
    I was the one who converted it, couldn't get it to work for Dev Alpha only PlayBook.
    10-27-12 04:48 PM
    The latest version of this doesn't work?

Looks like the latest version works on the PB, version 4.0.3! Don't have access to an upload site right now unfortunately...
    Last edited by dimm0k; 11-02-12 at 01:04 PM. Reason: latest version
    11-02-12 10:22 AM
    Any link to this player's latest version?
    11-06-12 09:39 AM
    Any link to this player's latest version?
    I uploaded version 4.0.3 to my public skydrive account. There is one problem with it, though, in that the later version doesn't seem to support mkv videos, while the earlier version does. If this doesn't matter to you, go with it- if it does, stick with the earlies version.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 07-01-13 at 09:39 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-12 04:10 PM
    I uploaded version 4.0.3 to my public skydrive account. There is one problem with it, though, in that the later version doesn't seem to support mkv videos, while the earlier version does. If this doesn't matter to you, go with it- if it does, stick with the earlies version.
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f661f...4A8CD45E%21210
    I just realized that this app only works with videos that the PlayBook already supports and doesn't add support for formats the PlayBook doesn't support. If that's the case, then most likely the mkv files that worked earlier are ones that also work on the PB... was hoping for something that would work with all formats.
    11-08-12 01:44 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I can now workout (Stationary Bike) to my .mp4 .m4v Music Videos. It is nice to have the ability to browse by folder for your videos. Only wish this was a native app as the icons to navigate are a bit smaller than the standard playbook style. You have made my weekend very happy with this new functionality in my tablet.
    11-11-12 08:20 PM