So I recently got a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition for Christmas (treat for myself)...

I only have a Bold 9900 and a PlayBook. So obviously I tried a converted apk of the app from the google play store and had it converted to bar...

Installs fine, I can connect to the camera wireless with the playbook, but when you try to connect to the camera through the app it pops up with an error stating

The application GoPo (process com.gopro.smarty) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Anyone else ran into this problem?? Or has anyone successfully got it working?

Here is a link the apk if needed... http://flash67.org/com.gopro.smarty.apk

or bar http://flash67.org/com.gopro.smarty_v1.0.4.0.bar
    01-12-13 10:23 PM
    I saw the other conversion thread and I think you may have gotten some bad info. To the best of my knowledge, that conversion site has a issue where it does not replace old versions with new versions. So what you downloaded probably was v. 1.0. You should try to find 1.1 apk and convert it yourself just to make sure
    01-14-13 06:40 AM
    I saw the other conversion thread and I think you may have gotten some bad info. To the best of my knowledge, that conversion site has a issue where it does not replace old versions with new versions. So what you downloaded probably was v. 1.0. You should try to find 1.1 apk and convert it yourself just to make sure
    Ive been trying to find a way to download the apk file from googleplay but have had no luck at all.
    01-14-13 05:30 PM
    Anyone else been able to get this working?
    01-18-13 05:45 AM
    The apk was real easy to get a hold of. Ill convert it tonight after work and see what's up
    01-18-13 09:37 AM
    The apk was real easy to get a hold of. Ill convert it tonight after work and see what's up
    Cool thanks, let me know... and if you can post the converted .bar after, that would be great.
    01-19-13 08:12 AM
    I didn't try it out, so let us know if it actually works. This is the latest version of the GoPro app:

http://db.tt/M64M0yQp
    01-19-13 10:50 AM
    I didn't try it out, so let us know if it actually works. This is the latest version of the GoPro app:

http://db.tt/M64M0yQp

It unfortunately provides the same error as the earlier version... I guess this has no hope
    01-19-13 12:19 PM
    Lame. Well we can try again on BB10, maybe then it'll work
    01-19-13 06:24 PM
    Hi did you get this working?
    I'm new to this and am struggling to even get it installed from your links.
    Help
    Cheers

So I recently got a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition for Christmas (treat for myself)...

I only have a Bold 9900 and a PlayBook. So obviously I tried a converted apk of the app from the google play store and had it converted to bar...

Installs fine, I can connect to the camera wireless with the playbook, but when you try to connect to the camera through the app it pops up with an error stating

The application GoPo (process com.gopro.smarty) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Anyone else ran into this problem?? Or has anyone successfully got it working?

Here is a link the apk if needed... http://flash67.org/com.gopro.smarty.apk

or bar http://flash67.org/com.gopro.smarty_v1.0.4.0.bar
    02-25-13 06:21 AM
    I'm also getting the same message, I hope a native blackberry app comes out soon and it works on pre Z10 devices and the playbook.
    04-05-13 12:19 PM
    This works for you on the Z10?

I can't get this working on my Q10...
    06-03-13 07:59 PM
    Anyone got this working on the Playbook? The latest version of the GoProApp is v2.0.94
    08-29-13 10:02 AM
    The app almost certainly uses native code (it plays streaming video, which is almost always done using native code on Android), which the PB does not support. [side note: Might work on BB10 with the "unlocked" Android runtime, but that can't be used on PB unfortunately.] The link for the APK above is down (404 not found) so I didn't actually check the APK myself, but I am pretty sure this is the issue here. If someone has the APK and wants to check (I don't have time right now to look for another link for the APK), just open the APK as a ZIP file (depending on your archive manager, you may need to change the extension from .apk to .zip) and check for a folder called "lib" with some .so files in it (probably within another folder or two inside "lib"). If there are .so files, it uses native code.
    08-30-13 08:10 AM
    I am not being able to sideload the gopro app to my Z10... any tip for dummies??
    09-18-13 03:36 PM
    So I went through creating a debug token for my phone, then converted and sideloaded this app (the whole xsacha method). It runs fine that way, but when I connect to my camera it will connect and then after about 2 seconds it loses the connection. Maybe someone has some thoughts on that?

Maybe we need to initiate a mass email program and get them to create a native app. Anyone got an email address?
    09-26-13 11:06 AM
    It work, when it say connection lost tap on the screen out of the banner it will work.
    10-27-13 01:13 PM
    problem not solved. we need an EXPERT to do a little modification on the file. But it seems there is no fans for "PB & Gopro" ....so sad. BBer should call on help!
    11-26-13 01:25 PM