Hello. My first thread!
    Anyway...

I sideloaded the Eye-Fi App( find it somewhere out there)
    It works wonderfully.

I take a pic with my T2i
    Attachment 105152
    It begins uploading in seconds and the ~8mb file is done in around 10 seconds.

The best part of the eye-fi app is that it integrates with other playbook apps(even android ones!)

So within the app i can open up WordPress(which works great too) and blog it right away!

Attachment 105153

Attachment 105155

and then viola!

Attachment 105154

I haven't been able to say this often lately: It worked right the first time. It feels good to say it.
    Enjoy!!!!

[Update]
    1. The link to the .bar file has been removed for legal reasons
    Last edited by brandondorn; 03-31-12 at 07:16 PM.
    fbloise and finittz like this.
    03-10-12 03:49 PM
    awesome, its been a good playbook day, walking dead native app, eye-fi sideloads this is great news.
    03-10-12 06:37 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for posting! I requested the app in Koz's thread but I haven't had the means to test it yet. Good to see it works as intended!
    03-11-12 12:19 AM
    Hello. My first thread!
    Anyway...

I sideloaded the
    Eye-Fi App
    It works wonderfully.

I take a pic with my T2i
    Attachment 105152

The best part of the eye-fi app is that it integrates with other playbook apps(even android ones!)

So within the app i can open up WordPress(which works great too) and blog it right away!

Attachment 105153

Attachment 105155

and then viola!

Attachment 105154

I haven't been able to say this often lately: It worked right the first time. It feels good to say it.
    Enjoy!!!!
    Thanks, I just installed it but I can not make it work, when I try to connect to eye-fi (using wi-fi from the playbook) I can see the card but it keeps telling me the password is wrong or just comes back to the SSID selection and eye-fi disapears....
    BTW: I have used eye-fi for several months on my iphone, ipod and wife's ipad without an issue (so I think I know what i am doing).
    1.- install eye-fi app.
    2.- configure the blackberry android to receive automode
    3.- configure eye-fi to be in automode
    4.- look for the card on playbook wi-fi search (and I see it, but cannot connect)

Could you post the steps you followed?

Regards
    03-16-12 11:55 PM
    I have the exact same problem.. can't connect to the Eye-Fi card whatsoever. What sort of voodoo magic did you use to get it to work???

EDIT2: Ok, I give up.. I finally was able to log into the Eye-Fi card via the playbook wifi settings window, but I can't get the app to let me log in. All it ever says it "Cannot contact the Eye-Fi server."

Anyone else got this working?
    Last edited by MeHoo; 03-28-12 at 12:52 AM.
    03-28-12 12:37 AM
    I wonder if this would work over hotspot wifi? So I could take pictures in the wild and have them upload to my playbook if both are on hotspot wifi? hrmmm
    03-28-12 08:25 AM
    To be honest, I didn't work any technical magic, it was straight forward. But I couldn't explain it. It just worked.

But, since posting, I have changed my set-up.

Now I have my eye fi connected to my 9900's hotspot. Then I set my eye fi. To send pics to Google Picasa and my pc. Then I set my Picasa web album as a favorite. A picture, taken in the wild, is available online in ~2 mins.
    03-28-12 10:25 PM
    To be honest, I didn't work any technical magic, it was straight forward. But I couldn't explain it. It just worked.

But, since posting, I have changed my set-up.

Now I have my eye fi connected to my 9900's hotspot. Then I set my eye fi. To send pics to Google Picasa and my pc. Then I set my Picasa web album as a favorite. A picture, taken in the wild, is available online in ~2 mins.
    That is to cool, i gotta get a eyefi card.
    03-29-12 01:05 PM
    That is to cool, i gotta get a eyefi card.
    +1, let me know when the price comes down somewhat...
    03-29-12 01:36 PM
    +1, let me know when the price comes down somewhat...
    I don't think the price has dropped since the last time I looked at them years ago. I see on amazon you can get the connect x2 for $44 bucks shipped. On ebay after shipping it looks to be going around $40ish so I prefer to buy from amazon.
    03-29-12 01:43 PM
    Hello. My first thread!
    Anyway...

I sideloaded the
    Eye-Fi App
    It works wonderfully.

I take a pic with my T2i
    Attachment 105152

Attachment 105153

Attachment 105155

and then viola!

Attachment 105154

Enjoy!!!!
    Clicked on your link for Eye Fi got linkbucks and other spammy garbage wold love to get actual .Bar file ,
    Thanks Again
    shung likes this.
    03-30-12 07:46 AM
    I apologize if the link is junk. I was pressured several times to link to that instead of simply attaching the file and to use a different file.

The thing i dont get, that drives me nuts, it the sense of ownership of a file that you didn't write, but simply converted and signed. Owell.

The file is out there somewhere i am sure.
    Last edited by brandondorn; 03-31-12 at 07:17 PM.
    03-31-12 07:13 PM
    Thanks,
    I think I figured it out, in barely legible pale grey letters in the upper right hand corner are "skip this add". Of course the "host" really doesn't want you to, which is why they make it as difficult as possible-sleazy S.O.B's. I think you got lucky, checked list of .bar files, Eye -Fi is no longer working.

Eye-Fi, which is a relatively small company is sensitive about their software. They may have removed/ blocked it. Eye.Fi is in a lawsuit with Samsung , who is coming out with a WiFi enabled camera. It Would be great if Eye Fi came out with official app for PlayBook. I've asked them already. Maybe if enough people ask they will.

Please let me know if app still works. Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by Apelles1; 03-31-12 at 08:16 PM.
    03-31-12 08:12 PM
    the app works on my PB. But i dont use it. I have my eye-fi connected to my 9900's hotspot and from there everything is sent to my PC and my google web album(picasa).
    04-01-12 06:51 PM
    The whole point of this setup is to NOT need a wifi spot and access to the internet.. so that picassa workaround is useless in the field.

This definitely does not work. Not sure why. Maybe you had a different version or something. I've downloaded it twice, tried it tons of times. I'm almost wondering if it's some mixture of log in on wifi, then switch to eye-fi, etc. I dunno. I haven't gotten it to work.

Sucks because this would be a really helpful tool to use for my photography. Shooting at 800mm is a bit difficult to check focus in the viewfinder, and as good as the 5dMkIII's screen is.. it's still not the same as zooming in on the RAW.

Let me know if you recall any specific settings, or can show your process of setting it up/logging in, etc. A video showing it working might help those of us who haven't gotten it to work. Could possibly just be a process issue.

Thanks.
    04-01-12 07:46 PM
    You need the official Eye-Fi app to "pair" the PlayBook with your Eye-Fi card via the Eye- Fi software on your computer. This is why we need to get an official Eye-Fi support for the PlayBook. I've asked Eye-Fi already. Hopefully if enough people ask ,it will happen.
    04-01-12 11:17 PM
    You need the official Eye-Fi app to "pair" the PlayBook with your Eye-Fi card via the Eye- Fi software on your computer. This is why we need to get an official Eye-Fi support for the PlayBook. I've asked Eye-Fi already. Hopefully if enough people ask ,it will happen.
    I don't get how some people in this thread got it working and others haven't??

Edit: I also contacted their support expressing interest in a playbook app

Edit: Well i just sideloaded the application, now to buy an eye-fi card. I have an ipad if I can't get it working on my playbook just in case
    Last edited by manofice; 04-02-12 at 08:04 AM.
    04-02-12 07:30 AM
    The whole point of this setup is to NOT need a wifi spot and access to the internet.. so that picassa workaround is useless in the field.

This definitely does not work. Not sure why. Maybe you had a different version or something. I've downloaded it twice, tried it tons of times. I'm almost wondering if it's some mixture of log in on wifi, then switch to eye-fi, etc. I dunno. I haven't gotten it to work.

Sucks because this would be a really helpful tool to use for my photography. Shooting at 800mm is a bit difficult to check focus in the viewfinder, and as good as the 5dMkIII's screen is.. it's still not the same as zooming in on the RAW.

Let me know if you recall any specific settings, or can show your process of setting it up/logging in, etc. A video showing it working might help those of us who haven't gotten it to work. Could possibly just be a process issue.

Thanks.
    +1
    Steps or video would be great
    04-02-12 10:41 AM
    Thanks to Brandon for letting us know this works.

I ordered the Eye-fi Pro X-2 went through the steps and it works, more or less.

90% of the time in my 5d3 I am able to take a photo and it shows up full screen in about 15 seconds on my playbook. Cool. A couple of quirks continue to pop up.

First, when the Eye-Fi finishes downloading photos it quits transmitting, and very soon the Playbook decides it has lost WiFi and disables the connection. So if too much time lapses between shots I have to go into setup on the Playbook and reconnect. (Anybody know if there is a way to increase timeout on Playbook?)

Second, I tend to leave the Eye-Fi in my camera and if I take a lot of photos without the Playbook around, then it tries to download a boatload of photos when I start the app. This will occasionally lockup the android player which requires a reboot of the Playbook. I've learned to clear the Eye-Fi before I start the app unless there are photos I want to download to the Playbook.
    manofice1 likes this.
    04-03-12 01:00 PM
    I got the app from GoodEReader.com

The 5d3 has dual slots so I send the raw files to the CF slot and the jpeg's to the Eye-fi.

I don't remember all the steps to get it working, but don't want to risk messing it up right now. I do remember getting the can't connect to server error. I think I had to reboot the PB once to clear the error and allow me to connect. Since then everything works well except the two quirks mentioned above.
    04-03-12 01:06 PM
    great feedback people, I ordered my card today and will have it Thursday
    RGwhittenbu likes this.
    04-03-12 02:48 PM

Thanks.
    Do you have an X2 eye-fi card? I believe what you're looking for is "Direct-Mode" which creates a adhoc network and then the playbook/ipad/android would connect to that and dump the photos to. I THINK that is how direct mode works.
    04-03-12 03:00 PM
    Thanks to Brandon for letting us know this works.

I ordered the Eye-fi Pro X-2 went through the steps and it works, more or less.

90% of the time in my 5d3 I am able to take a photo and it shows up full screen in about 15 seconds on my playbook. Cool. A couple of quirks continue to pop up.

First, when the Eye-Fi finishes downloading photos it quits transmitting, and very soon the Playbook decides it has lost WiFi and disables the connection. So if too much time lapses between shots I have to go into setup on the Playbook and reconnect. (Anybody know if there is a way to increase timeout on Playbook?)

Second, I tend to leave the Eye-Fi in my camera and if I take a lot of photos without the Playbook around, then it tries to download a boatload of photos when I start the app. This will occasionally lockup the android player which requires a reboot of the Playbook. I've learned to clear the Eye-Fi before I start the app unless there are photos I want to download to the Playbook.
    I swear I read somewhere that you can configure the timeout settings so that it will stay connected, head over to the eye-fi forums and read around
    04-03-12 05:30 PM
    Do you have an X2 eye-fi card? I believe what you're looking for is "Direct-Mode" which creates a adhoc network and then the playbook/ipad/android would connect to that and dump the photos to. I THINK that is how direct mode works.
    Yes I do. I tried that.

I wonder if the version of the BB OS matters?

To the gentleman who said they got the app over at the other website.. could you possibly provide a link? Maybe it's a different version.

Anything that would help. :/ It just will not sync up.

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook...-apps/?did=986

Trying this now. It is definitely a different version than the one I had.
    Last edited by MeHoo; 04-04-12 at 02:02 AM.
    04-04-12 01:21 AM
    Yes I do. I tried that.

I wonder if the version of the BB OS matters?

To the gentleman who said they got the app over at the other website.. could you possibly provide a link? Maybe it's a different version.

Anything that would help. :/ It just will not sync up.

Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook and More

Trying this now. It is definitely a different version than the one I had.
    Let me know how that works, i'm running version 1.0.82 which is a lower version it seems. I get my eye-fi card today and i'll keep people updated
    04-04-12 06:34 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD