As I predicted before, PlayBook may have an Android Player or it will be able to run some modified Android Apps but it will not definitely surpass or even match tablets running on Android OS... we have to lower our expectation on that one...
    09-07-11 11:31 AM
    No offence Joshua, but I'll wait and see the final release before going for any forecasting...
    09-07-11 01:51 PM
    are the Gameloft HD games for Galaxy Tab 7 (same resolution as PB) working on this player?
    09-07-11 08:18 PM
    Not sure if anyones covered this yet, but I figured i'd put this together since I had some difficulties finding help for side loading to Mac's earlier.

0. Turn your device onto development mode under Settings > Security
    1. Check to make sure you have the JRE installed for Mac by opening Java Preferences under Applications / Utilities
    2. Download the Playbook Tools by Hatax at
    http://hatax.home.comcast.net/%7Ehat...book_Tools.zip
    3. Once the download is complete, unzip the file, and place it in an easy place to find, for example, your desktop
    4. Move all the files in the "lib" folder to the main "Playbook_Tools" folder
    4.5 Placing whatever .bar file you want to side load into the Playbook_Tools folder will also save you a heap of trouble
    5. Open terminal
    6. Use the "cd" command to navigate to the directory you have Playbook_Tools
    For example:

cd desktop
    cd Playbook_tools

7. Run the command
    Code:
    java -Xmx512M -jar "BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device THEDEVICEIPHERE -password THEDEVICEPASSWORDHERE your_app_here.bar
    8. Terminal will initialize the installation, and run through the progress

Donezo
    OK, I did all this and it installed no problem. When I press the icon once it loads the black screen with the BlackBerry icon in the middle of it and sits there for 20 seconds or so visually doing nothing, then returns to the "desktop" of the Playbook - any ideas? Tried restarting and launching but to no avail Just to clarify, I don't need to be on OS2 for this to work, right?
    12-03-11 12:31 PM
    Thanks a lot, I installed email and a Simple Browser, then went on to install "local bar" which is a .bar installer for your PlayBook. So, then just use LocalBar on the PB to install .bar files downloaded to the Playbook. I've stuck a copy in my Dropbox. Link is here:-
    http://db.tt/eX8qp9fc
    http://db.tt/eX8qp9fc
    12-16-11 11:55 AM
    Just an FYI to Mac users on OSX 10.5 with a Core 2 Duo processor.. You may have issues side porting due to an error to do with an invalid version number in the .class file.. this is because you're on the wrong Java version..

Go to Applications>Utilities>Java and move the java version 1.6 (64 bit) to the top of the list.

Also - the code needed is
    [code] java -Xmx512M -jar "lib/BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device THEDEVICEIPHERE -password THEDEVICEPASSWORDHERE your_app_here.bar

the lib/ part before bardeploy is important.
    02-01-12 01:47 PM
    the terminal keeps saying "Unable to access jarfile BarDeploy.jar" what should i do i typed everything right i have my playbook_tools on my desktop and in the terminal i put "cd Desktop"
    08-23-12 05:30 AM
    the terminal keeps saying "Unable to access jarfile BarDeploy.jar" what should i do i typed everything right i have my playbook_tools on my desktop and in the terminal i put "cd Desktop"
    Not sure what you're trying to do getting this dead thread back up.

If your PlayBook is running OS 2.0 or beta 2.1, then you already have the Android App Player. Nothing to do there. To sideload apps, download BBHTools or HaTaX's PlayBook Tools.

Try not to necro, make plenty of use or search and welcome to the forums.
    08-23-12 01:46 PM
    If you have ES file explorer installed (android side-laod) this is already available to you without the need to install this side player bar.

Applications, Categories, System.

Ta-da.
    08-23-12 05:28 PM
509 ... 192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD