Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Battery life, faults, tips to extend batter life

I have a Stl100-1 and the battery just drains. It will be on 60% then suddenly say shutting down. I have taken the battery out and then insert it back in and it won't start up, unless I charge it. Has anybody experienced this? Ps. I have put up a screen grab of my device monitor, are the readings accurate and normal?
    Z10 Battery life, faults, tips to extend batter life-img_20140311_091515.png

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Your readings seem ok, it seems to me that the battery is ok. you only lost 10% in three hours, well, I know, maybe you did not use it very intensely. What OS version are you on? My phone, same Z10, STL100-1, has very good battery life, almost 24 hours continuously. I am an average to heavy user, BBM a lot, many emails and around 20-25 calls a day. I have 10.2.1.2102, recently got the update to this version, but even before that, my Z performed beautifully. From the photo you posted, I see no reason to worry, see what happens.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have the -1925, i guess i need to get my upgrade too. But here is what also happened, twice today. The battery just drained! No warning. I downloaded a battery watcher just in case the App Monitor wasn't working properly. I have been charging the battery now since it switched off about 2hours ago.
    Z10 Battery life, faults, tips to extend batter life-img_20140311_220648.png

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Oh, I'm also a medium to heavy user. Mostly internet, social apps and emails. I make on average 10 calls a day

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by judah_is_SiPS View Post
    I have a Stl100-1 and the battery just drains. It will be on 60% then suddenly say shutting down. I have taken the battery out and then insert it back in and it won't start up, unless I charge it. Has anybody experienced this? Ps. I have put up a screen grab of my device monitor, are the readings accurate and normal?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140311_091515.png 
Views:	834 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	254152

Posted via CB10
    Many Z10 users have experienced this including me.

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Oh perfect, thank you. Will try that out.

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts

I've been experiencing the same thing with my Z10 as well...I use a PB charger or the charger that came with the unit.

I tried going back to it for work, because the size is better for me at work, but in the end, I think I have to stay with the Z30 I have...its a beast.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    CrackBerry User

Well brother that looks pretty good to me, I jus convinced my sisters of buying a z10 and the device being new it's only giving me 5 hours full charge...maybe the update it's settling in i hope because she wants to kill me

Posted via CB10
    "the way I see it there are two types of people, those who spend their lives trying to build their future and those who spend their lives trying to rebuild the past, for too long I've been stuck in between, hidden in the dark locked on a course of destruction...time moves forward and nothing changes"

Playbook 32gb, Z10 stl 1001....Im AdicTEN to bb
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by judah_is_SiPS View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140311_091515.png 
Views:	834 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	254152

Posted via CB10
    I've had exactly the same problem and have similar threads on the forum as well. Eventually after a while my battery got drained completely and is not cannot do anything anymore. I eventually need to buy a new battery.

You might find these threads useful:
    Blackberry Z10 Battery Issues [50% then Dead]
    Z10 died. On charge, red light, BB logo, restarts
    CrackBerry User

Default delete extra apps to save battery

I seem to have found a somewhat ambiguous solution to my Z10 battery issues. I am on 10.2.1.2102. After that update my battery life plummeted from 8-10 hours of moderate use to 6 hours at most with minimal use, wifi off, Lte off, etc. I tried calibration. Didn't help. Yesterday morning I just thought I would clear out some unused apps, mostly games. Apparently one of them was bogging down my system. The device monitor was reporting "system " battery drain to be as high as 75%. After deleting apps it is now at 2.8%. What a huge difference! My phone now will last 12 hours plus with moderate to heavy use. I have my phone back finally.