CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seidio Rubberized Hard Case for Extended Battery for BlackBerry Curve 8330

Hello Crackberry addicts! My name is Chris, and I am a 24 year old crackberry abuser. I started off with the Pearl 8130 and recently moved on to the Blackberry Curve 8130. I'm a major tech geek, and I love all my Gadgets to stay shiny new. That being said, the first thing I did when I bought my beautiful red Curve was go shopping for accessories!

After using my phone for a few days, I realized that a lack of signal where I work (Lockheed Martin missile and fire control) was burning through my battery life. I figured I could either bring a charger into work and leave it plugged in all day, or I could pick up the Seidio extended battery. I decided to go with option 2, and I'll give you a review on the battery later on, but for now I will give you a review of the case (and yes I am copying and pasting most of my review from the one I left on the product page earlier today).

Now I could have been like any Joe Shmoe and picked up a cheap plastic case and immitation leather pouch on eBay, but I decided that rather than go through a dozen cheapo cases, I should buy one extraordinary one. Since I wanted the extended battery, I didn't have a lot of choices laid out for me, so this one was the obvious choice.

Unboxing:Upon opening the box, I was semi-surprised to see that the case was in a clear, unassuming plastic sleeve. When I picked it up, my first thought was "Holy crap I hope I dont break this thing!". however, I realized the quality of Seidio products, so I cautiously proceeded to install it.

Installation: Installing this case actually made me a bit nervous. As thin as this plastic feels, I was afraid to apply too much pressure to it from ANY angle, thinking that I would be greeted by a snapping sound. I slipped the back onto phone first, and then lined the front up with it. It took me a few attempts, but I managed to get all sides to loosely click together, and then with a bit of pressure, everything was snapped in.

Impressions: I Love the feel of this case! The texture is far superior to that of any silicone case. It has a velvety soft feel to it, and feels very solid in my hands. Because it is such a tight fit, there is no creaking sound when you squeeze the phone like you get with cheaper cases. I ran my fingernail firmly across the back a few times, and there was no evidence that the rubber coating will scrape off. Best of all, this case is so thin that it will fit into my leather holster for the extended battery curve! The only thing I might have a problem with later is removing this case as it is TIGHTLY clipped together

Final verdict: I would recommend this Case to ANYONE with a Curve that they want to keep in great shape. It makes the phone a joy to touch, and very easy to grip without making it bulky (bulkier anyway, the extended battery already added size). If you use an extended battery, stop waiting and buy this case!

Pros: Thin, sturdy, solid fit, lightweight, easy to grip, and has audio door cutout

Cons: Clipping it together makes you think you might break it, removing it might be a problem (but it SHOULD be that way ).

Where to buy: http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-ru...4A123A3935.htm

Last edited by GmrPnm21; 11-16-2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added photos
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts

Awesome! I was hoping someone would get around to reviewing the Seidio cases and this one is spot on, Great Job man!
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I agree with everything in the review. I have taken mine off and on repeatedly and if your just careful you can take the case off without any problems.

But I am returning my case as in my opinion the case muffles the earpiece vs. without the case on and I don't like that. And have decided to got with Best Skin Ever instead.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

That's odd. I haven't noticed any sound distortion since I added on the case. Than again, I message more than I talk anymore .
    Live hard, die strong.