Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seidio Innocase 360 review for the BlackBerry Storm

I have been using the Innocase 360 for 4 days now, so I’m updating you all with a review:

Out of the box, it is obvious that this case has the same nice qualities as the other Innocases sold by Seidio. The finish on the outside is the same as that of an Innocase II—that cross between a hard case and a silicone case. The material makes it a case that will slide easily in and out of your pockets.

It was extremely easy to put together… the device just gets set in the bottom half of the case, and then the top half just snaps right on. There are no sharp edges anywhere on the case—all of the cut-outs for the various keys are very smooth. The material for the case where it covers the four keys at the bottom of the device is a rubber-like material, and is quite flexible—and because it is white, it allows light to shine through where the 4 keys are labeled on the case.

There are cut-outs in the case for the convenience keys, volume keys, lock/mute buttons, micro USB port, camera, speakers, LED, and mic. The case is only 1mm thick, so I don’t feel that it adds much bulk to the phone at all. I can still easily slide the device in and out of my pockets—and I have pretty small pockets!

When you first put the case together, some air bubbles will probably show up under the screen—the insert that comes with the case states that these are due to a solution they apply to the screen guard during manufacturing and that the bubbles will go away over time. At the end of day two, the bubbles had still not gone away for me, so I took the case apart and put it back together to get rid of the bubbles, and they haven’t been back since. The screen cover is nice and clear, and I personally think it holds up against fingerprints a bit better than the screen protector I originally had on my device.

The touch screen is extremely responsive under the screen cover—I have no issues selecting anything on the screen, and the screen still clicks as it should. Just out of curiosity, I left my original screen protector on the phone for the first couple hours of using the case—the screen was just as responsive with both the screen protector and the screen cover of the case on the device.

I have had to adjust my typing just a bit to accommodate for the case, as it is built to come right up to the edge of the on-screen keyboard on all 3 sides—it makes access to the letters at the edges of the keyboard just a little bit harder. However, this design also ends the annoyance of the light leaking from around the edges of the screen (and I’m sure many of you will be happy about that)! I have easily adapted to the case over the past 4 days, and my typing speed is now back to where it was before I put the case on my device.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the Innocase 360, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for 360 degrees of protection for their device. This case should cut down tremendously on the dust issues people have with the device, and I think it looks nice, too.

This case can also be used both with Seidio’s Innocase Holster, and Seidio’s Innocase Desk Charger.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Tour purchased September 2009, .219 OS
    Writing and music and art are the reasons for life to continue on Earth.
    Twitter
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    304ECDDE

Nice review, but were there any problem when trying to type in landscape due to the case looks like it overlaps the screen?
    BlackBerry Storm 9530: Lyricidal's .141/5.0.0.93[9000] Hybrid
    Applications: Buzz Me, Trapster, StormLock, StormSlider.
    Theme: Storm Today Plus Hidden.
    Accessories: ZAGG Invisible Shield, BB Leather Holster, White Incipio Feather.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

The case does not overlap the working parts of the screen at all... it comes right to the edge of the keyboard all the way around. The only thing I had to get used to was using more of the tip of my finger to access the keys at the edges of the keyboard instead of the whole pad of my finger. It didn't take me long at all to adjust.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30BB7DC7

cool review for the Storm
    -Case Reviews, Tech, Mac, Photography-
    My Youtube Channel- Reviews, Apps, Macbook
    Twitter-Follow Me
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you, JReel!
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Twitter
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Very nicely done review
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've had the 360 since Saturday now, and love it. The only issue I am having is the screen protector has bubbles right in the middle of the screen, where I press more often than not. Is this something I can fix? It didn't do this on first install, but did since. I have removed the case to see if that would work and it didn't. Any ideas?
    alter_dude
    CrackBerry User

My IC360 should be coming tomorrow. It shipped Monday morning—so we'll see what happens. I've had ghost armor on my phone since release. Don't get me wrong I love the ghost armor—but idk, I feel like having it more-so protected in a case for a while. I took the GA off this morning and am patiently awaiting the IC360.

How do you guys like the built in screen-protector? I'll have to check it out when I receive mine, but I don't know how I feel that it just yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

put mine on saturday,and had to adjust a little bit on typing,but a very nice case.protects the storm very well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by alter_dude View Post
    I've had the 360 since Saturday now, and love it. The only issue I am having is the screen protector has bubbles right in the middle of the screen, where I press more often than not. Is this something I can fix? It didn't do this on first install, but did since. I have removed the case to see if that would work and it didn't. Any ideas?
    Try taking the cover off and wiping the inside of the screen protector down with a microfiber cloth. Maybe that will get rid of any residue that is causing the bubbles.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Got mine yesterday. Not happy. Going to try and get a refund.
    First of all, sloppy workmanship. The screen protector was glued to the case poorly on mine, leaving glue stains on the screen protector in the upper left corner. I didn't realize it was glue at first - figured I could clean it off. I couldn't.

I installed it on the phone and used it for a day. The case comes too far over onto the touch screen, causing the same kind of difficulties as I encountered with the Otterbox, albeit to a lesser degree. I tried to get used to it, but some functions were extremely frustrating to try to execute, like a backspace while in portrait QWERTY. Sometimes it took some effort to get far edges of the screen to respond properly, or to stuff my finger into the corner. WHY does everyone feel it is so necessary to bring the plastic so far in as to cramp typing???

Anyway, I continued on for a day trying to get used it and hoping to like it, but after a day out in the field the last thing I noticed was all kinds of sawdust particles UNDER the screen protector that must have seeped in through the two large holes at the top while clipped into my Seidio holster. This sucked - too hard to clean - would have to keep taking the case apart to clean behind the screen and put it together again.

I went back to my Zagg Invisible Shield (dust can't get behind it) coupled with my Innocase II.

I was hoping the 360 would keep the dust out of my phone. It does not. Not even close.
    Banned

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts
    PIN
    3072C81F

Does this full body case have any effect on radio functions such as signal strength be reduced?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    Does this full body case have any effect on radio functions such as signal strength be reduced?
    Nope. It has not affected my signal at all.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Twitter
    Banned

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts
    PIN
    3072C81F

Thanks! Sounds like a winner and my next case!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,475 Global Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jhimmel
    Got mine yesterday. Not happy. Going to try and get a refund.
    First of all, sloppy workmanship. The screen protector was glued to the case poorly on mine, leaving glue stains on the screen protector in the upper left corner. I didn't realize it was glue at first - figured I could clean it off. I couldn't.

I installed it on the phone and used it for a day. The case comes too far over onto the touch screen, causing the same kind of difficulties as I encountered with the Otterbox, albeit to a lesser degree. I tried to get used to it, but some functions were extremely frustrating to try to execute, like a backspace while in portrait QWERTY. Sometimes it took some effort to get far edges of the screen to respond properly, or to stuff my finger into the corner. WHY does everyone feel it is so necessary to bring the plastic so far in as to cramp typing???

Anyway, I continued on for a day trying to get used it and hoping to like it, but after a day out in the field the last thing I noticed was all kinds of sawdust particles UNDER the screen protector that must have seeped in through the two large holes at the top while clipped into my Seidio holster. This sucked - too hard to clean - would have to keep taking the case apart to clean behind the screen and put it together again.

I went back to my Zagg Invisible Shield (dust can't get behind it) coupled with my Innocase II.

I was hoping the 360 would keep the dust out of my phone. It does not. Not even close.
    Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience. From what you are describing, sounds like you got a defective case out of the batch that got away! If you would like, please forward us your order information, and we will be more than glad to see what we can do for you!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Morf,

I tried wiping down the inside of the screen with the microfiber cloth, but it didn't really help. As soon as I touched the screen the bubbles reappeared. It's not a deal breaker, just a little annoying on a $40 case. Thanks for the help!
    alter_dude
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience. From what you are describing, sounds like you got a defective case out of the batch that got away! If you would like, please forward us your order information, and we will be more than glad to see what we can do for you!
    Thank you. The glue is obviously just a factory error that could be easily resolved with a replacement. The other drawbacks are really design issues that just don't work well for me in my environmet. The dust getting behind the screen protector would be a major pain to deal with. The typing issues are more of a nuisance that I would rather not have to deal with. Much happier with my Innocase II, which I happen to be very fond of. Love the holster too.

The quality of the Innocase II is what made me excited about the 360. If you care to know, here are my thoughts about improving on the 360 -
    My opinion is that the black plastic should only come as close to the touch screen as it does on the Innocase II. That case does not impede typing in the least. Also, the top of the 360 has two large openings for the lock and mute buttons. These need to be sealed better to prevent dust from getting behind the screen protector. Just my thoughts.

I received your PM - thanks for your help.

Jim H.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    PIN
    305A4B06

niceee....i might buy one
    "Dont waste beer, Let the beer waste you"..
    CrackBerry User

Well folks mine arrived today—and unfortunately it's going back. This is NOT a bad case by any means. It's quite impressive actually—however one thing is bugging me.

Because the case comes in over the screen—it's very hard for my thumbs to press Q, A & the NUMpad and on the right, P, DEL and return.

Granted I could correct my thumbs to push these letters completely vertically each time, but it's not comfortable and I'm not going to change the way I text, use my phone in order to use a case. It should be the reverse.

The quality, the build, and even the full 360 protector screen is quite impressive. Does NOT hinder typing (the screen), swiping or using your phone one bit. I actually enjoyed that—but I don't want to "struggle" to use my phone because the edges cover the screen too much.
  20. mbr
    CrackBerry User

I got mine Saturday. When I first saw it I thought WOW nice. I too noticed some glue on the edge of the screen but not enough to send it back. But what I really noticed is the screen protector sucks, its all scrathced up from normal use. It started Saturday morning right out of the box. I have had their ultimate screen protector on before and loved it. this in my opinion is NOT a "Heavy Duty Screen Protector" I sent an e-mail to Seidio and am waiting for thier answer. Seidio's quality is usually very good. I still have my magnesium case on my Ipaq 4700. Hope they make a better screen protector for the 360 it would be an awesome cover then.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I too had typing issues. I loved the form factor of the case, and the rubber covering for the blackberry buttons (and the snap -in holster). Unfortunately, nearly every time I hit the space bar in landscape mode it typed the letter b instead of inserting a space, even with deliberately pressing as close to the edge of the screen as possible. As a consequence, typing took waaaay too long. I also had trouble clicking accurately on items near the edge of the screen.

I gently removed the clear screen protector and adhesive and gave it another try - no more problems with inaccurate clicks. Occasionally I find my thumb rubbing the edge of case at the edge of the screen, but nothing that bothers me much.

Scott
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default arrrgggg

I bought the seidio 360 case for my blackberry storm. When I had purchased it, the store said it was in stock ready to deliver. Immediately the next day, the site showed that it was backordered. I thought I would be receiving this case fast, so that's why I purchased it. I just needed any strong case for my device. It finally came in the mail yesterday after a two week wait. Surprisingly the shipping was fast because I received an email that the case was shipped on Wednesday, June 10. I was happy that it came so early. But turns out, the case the company sent me is defective. The left bottom clip does not hold together. It snaps in but immediately snaps back out. Also, there are bubbles under the screen that are not going away. It seems that the case makes the phone hard to type on because of how the screen attached to the case is not completely touching the surface of my blackberry. No doubt the case is well built, but seidio should work on the screen problem. Unless of course my case is completely defective and other cases do actually have a proper screen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stephehl
    I bought the seidio 360 case for my blackberry storm. When I had purchased it, the store said it was in stock ready to deliver. Immediately the next day, the site showed that it was backordered. I thought I would be receiving this case fast, so that's why I purchased it. I just needed any strong case for my device. It finally came in the mail yesterday after a two week wait. Surprisingly the shipping was fast because I received an email that the case was shipped on Wednesday, June 10. I was happy that it came so early. But turns out, the case the company sent me is defective. The left bottom clip does not hold together. It snaps in but immediately snaps back out. Also, there are bubbles under the screen that are not going away. It seems that the case makes the phone hard to type on because of how the screen attached to the case is not completely touching the surface of my blackberry. No doubt the case is well built, but seidio should work on the screen problem. Unless of course my case is completely defective and other cases do actually have a proper screen.
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! Please forward me your order information to the sig below and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
  24. mbr
    CrackBerry User

Are the screen protectors on the 360 the same as the ones Seidio they sell seperatly? the one i had on before the 360 was awesome. the one on the 360 scrathes way to easy. would it work with the screen protector on top of the 360? Maybe i just got a bad one. Sent Seidio a e-mail but still havent heard from them. to bad really liked the design, just need better screen protector
    CrackBerry Abuser

Morf - thanks so much for posting this - great review!

I have the regular Innocase II and love it. I'll definately be upgrading to this one on payday!

(I was considering the new Otterbox, but as I already have the holster for an Innocase 2 AND I like my old one - may as well upgrade for the extra protection)!
    BB Bold 9700 (OS:5.0.0.442)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast