CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20ff892d
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review

Today I received my Seidio Innocase 360 for BlackBerry Bold 9700 and thought since I was unable to find a review, I would share my initial impression of it.

So I should start off by saying the Innocase 360 is just a stand in till the OtterBox Defender is released. With that said I am impressed with how easy it is to use the TrackPad. Unlike the I360 for the Bold 9000, the extra space that has been alloted for user friendliness is just right, a person can use the TrackPad as if there is no case on the phone. All the side buttons are easy to use, my only concern is the the mute and lock keys will still receive a lot of wear and tear. Other than the spacing aroung the TrackPad there isn't much different between the case for the 9700 and the 9000, same style keypad, seemingly same screen protector (I hope not, screen protector on the 9000 case was crap).

I really can't say much more about it because I really haven't put it through its paces yet, but I i'll post an update and some pics in a week or two. We shall see if it as worth the $55.00 for the case and holster.

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...4A123A6084.htm
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

You didnt look hard enough just bugging

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/in...9700-a-374137/
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20ff892d
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

So its been a week and I have to say when it comes to protecting the screen and keyboard it does a pretty good job, although the screen protector is starting to so show some wear. Thats where the good attributes end just as I suspected the recesses for the mute/lock buttons is its real downfall. The first day I used the case my phone took a suicidal leap out of my pocket, about 3 feet, mind you in case and holster and sustained a small but unsightly bit of damage. I should have known better than to buy this case after my Innocase 360 foe the 9000 but I really wanted something that would protect my screen and keyboard, but the problem now is I spent about $55 for the case and holster and another $10 for shipping and because of this spill I spent another $28 for another bezel mute/lock key. So needless to say i ill never buy another Siedio case, I should have just bought the Otterbox commuter and avoided this all together!

Here are some pics after a weeks use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-frontback.jpg   Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-front.jpg   Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-keyboard.jpg   Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-bold.jpg   Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-damagea1.jpg  

Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-damagea2.jpg   Seidio Innocase 360 for Bold 9700 review-closeup.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Ouch buddy I feel your pain. I have nightmares that sound like BlackBerries hitting the ground from >2ft.

With that said, I usually just use the silicone BlackBerry brand case (if you can call it that). Protects the edges pretty good. I've dropped it a few times, no dmg. Add a clear protector like 3M, ZAGG, or BodyGuardz (my personal favorite) and my Berries have been like new for years.

However, everyone here seems to rave about OtterBox. I love the idea of the protection but I'm not a huge fan of the added bulk and aesthetics of the Otters. I like the sleek and stylish look of the naked 9700 and try to stay as close to that as possible while still protecting my baby. From your pictures I can tell that you seem to obsess about the condition of your Berry nearly as much as I do, and you've used the Otters before so what's your take?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Damn looks like that fall was pretty bad. I dropped mines on the way of exchanging my 1st device (OOPS) and luckily it didn't reveal any damage.