Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seidio Innocase 2 for 9700

Hello Everyone

Here is my review of the Seidio Innocase 2 for the BlackBerry 9700 along with there new style holster!

First off I have always loved Seidio’s products as they are great quality products and last forever! **** I still have my holster from my 8300. I have used an Innocase 2, holster and Innocase Snap for the 8900, and loved every single one of them!

You can find the Innocase 2 here: Clicky Click US$29.95

Now for my review of the Innocase 2 for the 9700. Due to getting more then just the Innocase 2, my shipment came in a medium box with all my orders in one.

Here you can see the Innocase 2 in its plastic holding:

The case was well packed and was easy to remove. For some reason this case seemed much thinner then the one I have for my 8900, but that’s a great thing! Once you get the case on, which is as simple as siding the top piece on and then the bottom, it doesn’t even feel like its there.

As you can see from the pictures, the Innocase 2 covers all of the sides, the top middle parts (leaving you to be able to push the mute and lock buttons), and the bottom. The case also leaves the side buttons open and ports, they kind of look like they will be hard to push and get to, but I assure you that is not the case, they are easy to get to and push. If anything I find them easier to find now.

Another thing I love about the case is it doesn’t fully cover the chrome, it just lets enough through to make it looks like the case is part of the device. The case keeps the device looking very elegant and sexy with that small bit of chrome showing! In the following pictures you can see the case leaves the ports and side convenience buttons open for easy access, but still leaves the device protected.

Top:

Sides:

From the side pictures it kind of looks like it bulges near the screen, but all the case is going is wrapping part of the screen for added protection. You can also see that the side charging ports are left open for when Seidio releases their dock for use with this case.

This case just feels so great in the hands, and makes me feel more safe with it on. One thing I have been scared of since I got my 9700 was dropping it and needing a new device or a lot of parts to make it look like new again. Now I don’t have to worry so much anymore. Of course I will still be afraid of dropping it, but I know with this case I won’t have to worry to much about damage as I know from experience that the Innocase 2 will save my device. Once with my 8900 I jumped over a set of rails on a stair case (smart, I know….) and it fell out of the holster some how as soon as I jumped and 6 feet later BOOM hit the ground HARD! And you know what? Not a scratch on my 8900, not even a reboot, just a small dent and scratch on the corner of the Innocase 2 which I had to look hard to find. So I know I will get that level of protection with this Innocase 2, I have NO doubts about it!

So here are some more pictures of the 9700 with the Innocase 2 on:

Overall this case is one of the best ones money can buy, and it isn’t that expensive either, but I can’t put a price on the protection of my device… So when it comes to buying a good quality case that protects the device from harm, I know this one will do a great job!

Keep up the good work Seidio!

Quick Video of how to put the case on, with a quick walkaround of the case:

Last edited by C_86; 11-27-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FEDDE9

Great review and pics! Good job C-86

Can you tell me when did you buy the screen protector for your Bold?
    Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon 135mm f/2 L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L | EX580 II
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

This is a great review. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures along with your review!
    CrackBerry User

thanks for the great review!!! gonna pick one up.
    CrackBerry User

thanks for the review. question though....

the first pic shows a "keyboard cover" and the rest shows the actual BB9700. does the one with the case come off?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

hmm no lol the first picture, the one in the plastic wrap? its a paper insert of a picture of the phone, make sense?
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry User

LOL, sorry about that. couldn't tell from the pic.

thanks again
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    That's SO 2009

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me if the case has to be removed before charging in a pod?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

well right now, yes if you want to use the BlackBerry desktop charger... but once Seidio gets there dock charger out, then you wont need to remove the bottom of the case. they design there dock chargers to work with the cases... make sense?
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    That's SO 2009

Quote Originally Posted by C_86 View Post
    well right now, yes if you want to use the BlackBerry desktop charger... but once Seidio gets there dock charger out, then you wont need to remove the bottom of the case. they design there dock chargers to work with the cases... make sense?
    Yep! OEM = baaaad / Seidio = gooood

Thanks!
    http://forum.tipb.com/index.php?referrerid=168934

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics." ~Author Unknown
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    PIN
    21607DA0

I bought mine from an ATT store and the bottom portion actually is taller and covers the carrier name. Check it out on ATT accessories and the picture shows this, but on Seidio site it still shows carrier name??? What gives?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does it fit in the holster?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMcHorney View Post
    Does it fit in the holster?
    ^^ also interested in this answer. Heard issue with the split type cases and use with oem leather holster is that more often than not, the botton half gets left behind in the bottom of the holster as you tug on the top portion to get the phone out. Any comments on this.

Also when this drops, isn't the split the weakest point and that would crack 1dt thus jeapordizing the phone?

Hearing good things about Epik gel case. Anyone have these for 9700?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

i use the OEM leather holster from the 8300 and havent had a single issue at all! the new OEM leather case with the leather all around, good luck even getting the device in with the case... its super tight! i even stretched mine out and it doesnt even fit in there... so i use both the clip lock holster by seidio and the OEM 8300 genuine holster, all depends on my mood...
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandeepkavita View Post
    ^^ also interested in this answer. Heard issue with the split type cases and use with oem leather holster is that more often than not, the botton half gets left behind in the bottom of the holster as you tug on the top portion to get the phone out. Any comments on this.

Also when this drops, isn't the split the weakest point and that would crack 1dt thus jeapordizing the phone?

Hearing good things about Epik gel case. Anyone have these for 9700?

Not sure about the innocase II with holster question. I currently have both the II and the epik. I can say that i thought the innocase was great until i finally got the epik. Not as much overall protection but much better design and feels great as well. I would get the epik over the innocase. Just my 2 cents.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

what the difference between innocase and innocase II ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

For the 9700 there is only the Innocase II Surface, but they also have the Innocase 360, and the Innocase Snap
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Abuser

What's the major diff between inno2, 360 and snap?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Innocase 2 surface covers the back, sides, top, bottom, so like a hard shell that still exposes the screen, and keyboard

Innocase 360 is the same as the Innocase surface 2 but also has a built in screen protector, and a built in keyboard cover

Innocase Snap is just a snap on case that covers the back mostly with some coverage on the sides and bottom

best bet is to check out either shop.crackberry.com or seidioonline.com and compare the 3 cases to see the differences and all that... if you are trying to figure out what would be best for you, well that all depends on what level of protection you want and style... like i said the best bet is to check out the sites and see and look at the differences
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here