Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30BB7DC7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Review- Seidio Innocase 360 for the Blackberry Bold

Hello members of Crackberry! It's JReel with the full review of the Seidio Innocase 360 for the Blackberry Bold 9000. I have done a First Impressions Video, if you haven't checked it out yet please click HERE. Only testing this case for about a week there was lint build up around the inside of the screen protector. Noticing this problem i wanted to get rid of it right away, then came my second problem. Taking apart this case was tough, because I couldn't find a sweet spot to pop it open. So please be careful when taking apart this case if you do end up getting this. As for the trackball problem, a lot of people have issue's with this, mainly with scrolling upwards hitting the bar that goes across the device. For me personally it doesn't both me at all but everyone has there own preferences on how fast they want to scroll around. The area around the trackball is caved inwards which is different from the Case mate smart skin. Overall the Seidio Innocase 360 is a great all around protective case, the feel, the pocketability, and the look are all fantastic. Hopefully soon Seidio will make a charger pod that will be compatible there own cases.

-Case Reviews, Tech, Mac, Photography-
    My Youtube Channel- Reviews, Apps, Macbook
    Twitter-Follow Me
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

JR, another excellent review.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

Good job again JR. Surprised at the lint build up with this design but will have mine in hand next week to test.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the review JReel.

Can I ask something though? Since I noticed you also have a Case-Mate smart skin. How does the keyboard feel compare to smart skin?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30BB7DC7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default case

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    Thanks for the review JReel.

Can I ask something though? Since I noticed you also have a Case-Mate smart skin. How does the keyboard feel compare to smart skin?

The keyboard to me, feels nicer on the Seidio Innocase 360, it feels good to type on. It's a close call but i do like the Seidio Innocase better
    -Case Reviews, Tech, Mac, Photography-
    My Youtube Channel- Reviews, Apps, Macbook
    Twitter-Follow Me
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

Default Screen moisture

I noticed that on your first impressions video, as soon as you put on the case, moisture seemed to appear between the screen and the screen protector. Does that still happen or was that just a one time instance?
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts

Another good review Jreel!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Great review... Question if you don't mind.

Is it easier to use the trackball on the Case Mate or the Innocase? I have the Case Mate. I love it and hate it. I love it that it fully covers the device. I hate it that it makes scrolling a b*itch. I also love that it makes typing much faster. If you can answer that question about the scrolling I'd be much obliged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

As always, brilliant video review.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,476 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rizzzzoooo
    I noticed that on your first impressions video, as soon as you put on the case, moisture seemed to appear between the screen and the screen protector. Does that still happen or was that just a one time instance?
    Hello,

The bubbles appearing on the screen guards are a normal occurrence when you first put it on. It should go away by itself within 1-2 days.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Just got mine in the mail this morning. My only real complaint so far is that this case restricts the media card access as it keeps the little door from opening up all the way, rendering it virtually impossible to get your media card out without taking off the case. It was already difficult without the case, now I have to use tweezers to get it out. Other than that, my first impressions are that this is a great case and I am definitely liking it.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

I agree with rliebert, it doesn't open all the way (the memory card slot that is). But, having said that, how often does one insert/remove a memory card?

I only do it if I've upgraded my card
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ..._ _ _ ... my PlayBook has one too

does this add bulk? if so how much? and it is possible to use this case, and the OEM holster that it comes with?

I also have to add this is a really good review! good job and keep it up!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
    does this add bulk? if so how much? and it is possible to use this case, and the OEM holster that it comes with?

I also have to add this is a really good review! good job and keep it up!
    It adds very little bulk but you will need to use the Seidio Innocase holster for this case.

Innocase Holster
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NACLE of evolution

Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    It adds very little bulk but you will need to use the Seidio Innocase holster for this case.

Innocase Holster
    If one has a Stock bold case, that has been streched from using the CaseMate full case, would this work in it without scratching the surface of the 360 case?
    How do you like your crack in the mornin'? I take mine fully charged.

Bah. I can't edit the device model in my avatar. PM me if you know the answer.
    ***FIXED*** Florian100 is my hero.

My Seidio 360 9700 Review
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx308 View Post
    If one has a Stock bold case, that has been streched from using the CaseMate full case, would this work in it without scratching the surface of the 360 case?

No. You might not even be able to fit it in. I have tried several times myself but was not able to. You would need to pick up the seido holster for it.
    Every time I think about a hot model with a pink curve I end up with blue bolds!!!!

There is a higher probability that something is wrong with you and NOT your new 9700!!! The sooner you accept that reality, the happier you will be.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i've just decided to put my 360 on hiatus. don't get me wrong, i think it's great and fits like a glove, but i missed seeing the sexiness of my Bold. i opted to go the Invisible Shield (Zagg) route for now and if i'm ever in a situation where i think i'll need the additional protection, i'll surely dust off my 360 and slap that sucker back on.

also, the trackball interference that the case causes became a bit annoying to me as i a lot of the time like to do "big" swipes, and with the case on, to accomplish the same result, you have to do many. the keyboard "feel" is also effected. unlike the curve, the bold's keys are closer together thus making it impossible for seidio to design a case where the silicon fits/sits around each individual key, but they did the best they could, not their fault. it's not a huge problem, but still noticeable.
    Last edited by mataleao; 09-11-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: additional after-thoughts...