Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default powermat wireless charging mat review

i was always the first person to say that spending that much money to charge a device is a waste of money. i am always usually the first to buy electronics that have any kind of cool factor but stayed away from this because of the price.

well i received one as a gift for Christmas yesterday and thought "OK well at least i don't have to buy the $100 mat, just the adapter pieces"
    later on during the day different family members got me the extra adapters for my
    Ipod touch 2nd gen
    Nintendo ds lite
    blackberry curve

Many of you may not know but apple changed the ways to charge an ipod when the 2nd gen touch's came out. i always had to leave my laptop on and keep the Ipod plugged in to charge it. needless to say it was a hassle but the Powermat has a adapter/case for the 2nd gen Ipod that charges it with ease.

Next i have my Ds lite which i can honestly say i barely play (probably because it is never charged) but i received the new adapter for the ds lite and it just slides right on like another piece on the back.

Finally i have my blackberry. i am a medium to heavy user all day mainly because i am a salesman on the road so i receive hundreds of emails, calls, texts, and BBM's a day. i never complain about my berry's battery life because it is still alive when i get home. the adapter for the blackberry's is a replacement battery door with a slight hump on it. they did a great job at the battery door, it fits better than my Seidio ext battery door.

after i have installed all of the adapters i grabbed the mat and plugged it in. all three lights light up to let you know it is on and ready and also lets you know with an alien type of sound.
    i placed all 3 of my devices on the the appropriate spots and Wholla!! they start charging.

the mat itself comes with a universal mini usb adapter that has extra ends that charge
    Micro usb
    Ds lite
    Dsi
    Sony
    Samsung
    Lg
    and Apple devices

so all in all it was a wonderful gift from me and a great piece of technology. I no longer have wires laying around to charge all my devices everywhere. All i have is the one wire that goes from the Powermat to my outlet and that is it. no more rat's nest of wires next to my bed and around my computer.

If you know anybody that it a technology junkie like myself this is a great idea.

if anybody has any questions about it or comments please feel free to add.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    the adapter for the blackberry's is a replacement battery door with a slight hump on it. they did a great job at the battery door, it fits better than my Seidio ext battery door.
    Nice review! And congrat's on the X-mas bounty!
    I do have one question.... when you say 'slight hump', what are we looking at? How far does it stick out? 1/4 inch, 1/8 inch, 1/2 inch? I ask, because I use the OEM sleeve mainly throughout the day, and I have a car mount. I think I'd like the powermat, but I don't want to buy a new mount / case just for this.
    The best kept secret on the planet since 1998.

Step 2: Blackberry 101 lecture series
    Old enough to know better... AND not care

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by monkeee2002 View Post
    Nice review! And congrat's on the X-mas bounty!
    I do have one question.... when you say 'slight hump', what are we looking at? How far does it stick out? 1/4 inch, 1/8 inch, 1/2 inch? I ask, because I use the OEM sleeve mainly throughout the day, and I have a car mount. I think I'd like the powermat, but I don't want to buy a new mount / case just for this.
    probably not even 1/16 of an inch.
    i just tried it with my oem sleeve and it fits perfectly fine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

Hey thanks for the info! I may have to go ahead and get a powermat
    The best kept secret on the planet since 1998.

Step 2: Blackberry 101 lecture series
    Old enough to know better... AND not care
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    soon as i get the phone

I recieved one for christmas as well, i LOVE IT!!!!!! i alway forget to charge my devices, now all i have to do is rest on the mat nest to my bed them i go to bed and that it. Best part is when your having those 1/2 a sleep convos no more getting tangled in the charge wire...only prob i have is thati own a 9700, and the back for it is not out yet, but will be in the comming months.

I would recommend anyone to get it.
    Last edited by pyctici; 12-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Yeah I didn't see the new bold back but they will have it in due time. Lol
    I am just it charges my iPod correctly. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com