Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By eve6er69
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default my official review of the Seidio SURFACE case/clip combo. lots of pictures

Seidio has gone ahead and released a welcomed addition to their extended battery design for the blackberry bold 9900/9930 and it is in the form of their SURFACE line of products.

Now i will warn you this case is not for the faint of heart. I have read many comments here on the forums complaining that the added size of the battery alone is too much for them but to some people like myself i just need something that will last me through a rough day and then some. Like i said it is not for the faint of heart because it does add some bulk to your device. not enough to complain about but enough to notice.

The case itself is constructed with their well known soft touch material which feels slip proof in you hands. Inside the case there is a felt liner where the back of the battery goes. Now this case is a 1 piece case so it clips in almost like the official blackberry soft shell cases. The top and bottom portions of the phone where the charging contacts and the standby button are exposed for ease of use. As normal the charging, camera and volume rocker ports are all exposed. I have to say holding the device in one hand feels solid with this case on. they did a great job at rounding the edges where the battery door meets the phone to make it look as streamline as possible.

Another product they also released with the SURFACE case is an updated belt clip. I have the original belt clip and this one feels much more rugged than the previous one. It feels like they made this for people like myself that work in harsh environments. it has a larger belt loop hook which seems like it should fit a utility belt with no problems. The clip mechanism also has grooved teeth to link in with the back of the clip assuring you that it will not become disconnected from your belt. Even the release lever has been adjusted for this case as a larger,thicker one and you can tell they spent some time on the development of the belt clip itself.

As many of you know i am a lineman for a cable company so i do a lot of rough and tough work. I have been using this case combo with the belt clip for the past 3 weeks and haven't worried about the status of my device while it is on my hip once. It has taken more bangs and nicks and peels from me being extra clumsy trying to put the case to the test and let me tell you it has passed them all. Aside from throwing my phone off my hip i have put this case through the ringer.

Now because it does clip onto the sides and rests on the back of the phone there are no front screen obstructions or lines going across device. You do get a slight raise on the sides of the keyboard that you do have to give time to get used to. I have been using them for not looking at my phone and knowing where the keyboard ends without looking down.

I have to say with all of the cases and clips i have for this device this is filed in my favorites drawer. It does add some bulk but that bulk adds a lot more security to the device and also to your peace of mind not having to worry about your $500 investment.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    Thanked by 3:
    Michelle Haag (08-12-2012),  mssca (08-12-2012),  skoenig (04-09-2013) 
    Michelle Haag and mssca like this.

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

if anybody has any requested pictures you would like me to take as usual just ask.
    same goes for questions. i am here to answer all i can for anybody who is thinking about buying this product but is not sure.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have found the battery and battery cover, however have not seen the case, do you know if its sold as a package deal?
    Last edited by kc5laf; 08-06-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Preston
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Verizon Network
    El Paso, TX (Currently Afghanistan)

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

the case and clip are sold as a bundled deal if you like but you have to buy the battery and battery door separately.

https://www.seidioonline.com/att-bla...900-s/6619.htm
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Wow they did it..I thought it would take them months to get back to making a case for the extended battery. Looks pretty legit if you need extra battery.

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Crypt1c View Post
    Wow they did it..I thought it would take them months to get back to making a case for the extended battery. Looks pretty legit if you need extra battery.
    yeah meter reads kind of funky but it definitely gives you a ridiculous amount of use.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cool

Hi there,

Got the battery and holster combo over a week ago, great for travelling and when your away from charging point.

Only disadvantage is to cumbersome for pocket use, needs a belt clip to use, feels heavy like a brick!

I use my Momax X 1400mah battery for normal commuting, waiting for new Mugen 1500mah to arrive next week, will test these two back to back?
    Last edited by fabio1; 08-07-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by fabio1 View Post
    Hi there,

Got the battery and holster combo over a week ago, great for travelling and when your away from charging point.

Only disadvantage is to cumbersome for pocket use, needs a belt clip to use, feels heavy like a brick!

I use my Momax X 1400mah battery for normal commuting, waiting for new Mugen 1500mah to arrive next week, will test these two back to back?

I agree the phone is a good amount heavier with the battery and in the pocket it does feel like a brick. If I use the battery I make sure that I bring the belt clip with me. It is a must have with the combo. Either its on my hip or clipped inside my pocket.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I actually took and outer box commuter series case and using a wizzard cut the battery door lines out of the back and this allowed the seido battery door for the extended fit to stik out of the outter box. The Seido case is nice I have that too but not enough front top and bottom protection.

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1874 View Post
    I actually took and outer box commuter series case and using a wizzard cut the battery door lines out of the back and this allowed the seido battery door for the extended fit to stik out of the outter box. The Seido case is nice I have that too but not enough front top and bottom protection.

That's a unique idea but I don't know if I could cut up my commuter. Its my case of choice when I use a standard battery.

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I must say, that was a one of a kind review. ROCK ON!!

I'll be getting one in a year or two, with the extended battery.

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    I must say, that was a one of a kind review. ROCK ON!!

I'll be getting one in a year or two, with the extended battery.

Thanks for your kind words brian. Was only my 2nd review.