1. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Leather Horizontal Holster for BOLD from Blackberry

I just got the true OEM Blackberry leather horizontal holster, with leather covered belt clip (not loop) and has the magnetic proximity sensor to put your phone in a sleeper hold

The one I just received this week is the dark Brown (official colour choices Black; Indigo and Espresso)

Here's a shot of the brown one I got:

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    Keep your BlackBerry smartphone horizontally aligned on your belt for easy accessibility with the BlackBerry Horizontal Holster. It features a leather-wrapped metal clip to attach onto a belt, waistband, or briefcase. Grooves run along the inside of the case to protect the trackball. Plus, a magnetic proximity sensor determines if your BlackBerry smartphone is in its case and shuts off the screen to conserve battery life, while giving you the option to choose unique notification settings for incoming calls and other functions.
    I chose this as I simply liked the look of it over any other option. I'd say the only downside (temporary I hope) is that it's really a tight fit for the phone. "Tighter than a ducks backside" It is very difficult to get the phone out, I need to push the phone from the opening below to work it out of the case. I want the phone to drop into the case and be an easy grab on the outbound. I am working the case for a few minutes at a time with my fingers trying to stretch it over time.

If this case loosens up I think it will be everything I want it to be, flap that falls shut (lmagnetic closure), and looks really fine.
    I am not young enough to know everything.
    Oscar Wilde
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,364 Global Posts

Thanks for review PvT, I had one of theses case before for my old curve, they do indeed loosen up after time. I found pulling the sides of it when I had nothing better to do helped the process.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
  3. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Thanks for review PvT, I had one of theses case before for my old curve, they do indeed loosen up after time. I found pulling the sides of it when I had nothing better to do helped the process.
    Thanks for the reasurance, I like the case and LOL that's exactly what I'm doing... Pulling at the sides as a new exercise routine, a good workout for the pecs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,364 Global Posts

Haha! A new workout video in the making "Bulking Up With BlackBerry And BlackBerry Accessories"
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Looks like no access to the headset plug? Hmmmm... No thanks.
  6. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Five days of forceable usage and massaging, it's improving... probably another week at least before I stop cursing everytime I use it. Should be an awesome case after as it's got a nice sleek profile and even when not clipped on anything it drops nicely into my coat pocket.

I've only ever dropped my Bold when not in its case but this pouch seems to be very tough and will protect my Bold if dropped. That is if, in the mean time, I don't end up accidentally tossing my phone 20 feet just trying to yank it out of this pouch
    Oscar Wilde
    CrackBerry Abuser

Is it me or I feel like the magnets on this case is not as strong as the original Holster?
  8. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin007 View Post
    Whether it would fit the holster is not the main problem. The object is concealment, and a pistol that large , horizontal, would make you look deformed on one side, unless you are a very large fellow. Save the horizontals, for small to medium sizes.
    I'm finding that to be the case as I'm a slim guy, so it feels a little like a surfboard attached to my belt... but then again, I still haven't broken it in (and I'm trying, I'll tell ya) so not using the case much...

mostly using my RIM sleeve:

Quote Originally Posted by PRICE31 View Post
    Is it me or I feel like the magnets on this case is not as strong as the original Holster?
    I'm OK with the Magnets, that is if the phone get's pushed all the way into the case, which is ok=nly half as difficult as pulling the phone out in a jiffy when receiveng a call. Still use it ocasionally to continue this long drawn out breaking in process...

On a side note, I've only used my Fortte Case one day as I don't like it activating my convence keys on case entry and exit...

Oscar Wilde
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had one of these pouches once, and I actually liked the fact that it was a very tight fit.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30BB7DC7

I was thinking about getting one of these along with a lanyard, very nice, love the Brown color! great review
    -Case Reviews, Tech, Mac, Photography-
    My Youtube Channel- Reviews, Apps, Macbook
    Twitter-Follow Me
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    PIN
    Send me a pm.....

I was waiting for this review, i want that side case as well but dont think it will work with a skin on as well. thank for the info..
    If you can't, you must. If you must, you can.
    Whatever you desire, you must and can acheive!

http://twitter.com/TexasTrainer254
  12. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Cheers! ^

It's been three months now... and I still don't use this case because it's so darn snug. Every once in a while I'll do some stretching with it hoping that one day I will be able to use it. Not yet though
    Oscar Wilde
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    PIN
    Send me a pm.....

thanks, guess ill keep looking!
    If you can't, you must. If you must, you can.
    Whatever you desire, you must and can acheive!

http://twitter.com/TexasTrainer254